Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 22, 2018, 09:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WIWrestling.com HS Rankings #8 February 8, 2018  (Read 2633 times)
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« on: February 08, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »

WIWrestling.com HS Rankings #8 February 8, 2018

https://www.wiwrestling.com/wiwrestling-com-high-school-rankings/

Exchanging forfeits just is not that exciting.
"That's why they wrestle the matches"
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
riverrat67
Speak to Me

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:43:05 PM »

Don't believe in this. When a higher rank kid gets beat by a lower-ranked kid and the higher kid doesn't loose ranking , doesn't make sense

Winners Quit when they've won, loser's quit when they're tired !
silent_but_deadly
Speak to Me

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:54:09 PM »

Don't believe in this. When a higher rank kid gets beat by a lower-ranked kid and the higher kid doesn't loose ranking , doesn't make sense

How about listing an example?

Wrestling Definitions:
Crazy parent = passionate about the sport
Gloating = proud parent
stalking on internet = doing research
imwi
One of My Turns

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »

Did you see the unranked guy from Penn State at 197 knocked off the #1 ranked guy from Ohio State on Sat?  The #1 guy is still the #1 guy but the unranked guy is now ranked at #5. 
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 06:06:51 PM »

Don't take this so serious it is a best attempt to try. This website and these VOLUNTEERS are required to do rankings at all but they do them at the request of many of the forum members here. A these are not OFFICIAL rankings for the state but the WWOL rankings......
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 06:06:51 PM »

maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 02:26:07 PM »

Jerry Lipke #7 , Im picking him to win it all , Im sure that suprises ya all... Smiley  if im not mistaken, that is right where Pitzner was ranked gpoing into the reg... Wink 

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
 "" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
 "" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY
heavy9278
Outside the Wall

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »

Jerry Lipke #7 , Im picking him to win it all , Im sure that suprises ya all... Smiley  if im not mistaken, that is right where Pitzner was ranked gpoing into the reg... Wink 

Nope, not buying it, Yinemann is on a different level of all the 195ers in my opinion.

You're killing me Smalls!!!
maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 05:12:31 PM »

well see  Smiley

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 06:40:22 PM »

Well Maggie what's the over under  Grin
maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »

the young Lipke is a Tough hard Nosed kid with a wrestlers Attitude as is the Young Dutcher.... Smiley now im picking them both!  Shocked

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »

TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »

There is a process. If it is followed, most times, current results are reflected in rankings. If it doesn't occur, the committee apologizes for any oversights. It happens.
Best thing you personally can do is submit recent significant results to the ranking committee via the Ranking Nomination form system located on the front page (left side) of WIWrestling.com :

https://www.wiwrestling.com/wiwrestling-ranking-recommendation-forms/

If you have previously submitted results in the case you are conerned with, we regret the oversight.
May we ask, did you submit a result related to this issue?
Thanks for your continued interest.
Tom

NWIS
Outside the Wall

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »

There is a process. If it is followed, most times, current results are reflected in rankings. If it doesn't occur, the committee apologizes for any oversights. It happens.
Best thing you personally can do is submit recent significant results to the ranking committee via the Ranking Nomination form system located on the front page (left side) of WIWrestling.com :

If you have previously submitted results in the case you are conerned with, we regret the oversight.
Tom

Considering all the hard, thankless work; you certainly don't to apologize to anyone.
MARSHDOC
Speak to Me

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »

Tom

[/quote]

I appreciate the ranking committee and the work they do but I am confused as to how a wrestler can be ranked at a weight class he has never once wrestled at.  My son, Val Kochiu, never wrestled or intended to wrestle at 132 this year yet he was ranked at that weight class for 2 weeks during the season.  I believe the same occurred with Mason Philips from EC.  He did qualify for 132 by the preseason testing, but there was no way he could have made that weight without seriously cutting a great deal of weight, so much so that he would likely not have been at his best potential.  Are assumptions made, by the ranking committee, based on a wrestlers pinch test preseason?  
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »

Tom
I appreciate the ranking committee and the work they do but I am confused as to how a wrestler can be ranked at a weight class he has never once wrestled at.  My son, Val Kochiu, never wrestled or intended to wrestle at 132 this year yet he was ranked at that weight class for 2 weeks during the season.  I believe the same occurred with Mason Philips from EC.  He did qualify for 132 by the preseason testing, but there was no way he could have made that weight without seriously cutting a great deal of weight, so much so that he would likely not have been at his best potential.  Are assumptions made, by the ranking committee, based on a wrestlers pinch test preseason?  

The ranking committee appreciates questions and concerns brought up here. Personally it gives me a chance to clarify and the committee appreciates suggestions for doing a more accurate job. The committee tries hard to 'get it right', if there is a 'right'. It is a 'labor of love' for these guys from all around the state as they have great passion for wrestling.

The only information to go on is information sent in ( https://www.wiwrestling.com/wiwrestling-ranking-recommendation-forms/ ) or gathered from the internet or personal observation.

For the two cases you mentioned...

For Val; somewhere/somehow we got the idea he had wrestled 132 and was there for two weeks. No one gave us a heads up to correct that and it lasted the two weeks you mention.

Regarding Mason; We don't know exactly how we placed him there for any period of time. Again, no one sent a correction.

The committee works on three divisions and each has 14 weight classes. The working number of wrestlers in the database has as many as 30 or so wrestlers at each weight, give or take a few here or there.  That is over 1,200 wrestlers at over 300 school teams.
We are sometimes incorrect. If someone lets us know (ie: https://www.wiwrestling.com/wiwrestling-ranking-recommendation-forms/ ), updates can be made to reflect better information.
The committee has always requested input from everyone and anyone, so please let us know what the facts are out there.
Thanks again for the concerns and questions.
Sincerely,
Tom

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »

Jimmy
Outside the Wall

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »

If an unranked wrestler knocks off the number one guy but has lost to some other ranked guys ,and the number one guy has beaten several of the same ranked guys the unranked should not go to number one. Rankings are a body of work and the whole picture needs to be looked at. Not just one example here and there

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: