Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 25, 2018, 06:49:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D3 Regionals/Sectionals - By The Numbers  (Read 2240 times)
wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »

I see they slipped away with only one bye as well as an 0-3 Freshman going on a 2nd..... Huh
And a few others with losing records who didn’t have to win a match.
DocWrestling
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »

37 total wrestlers at the Three Lakes regional with 6 teams

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!
PH
Speak to Me

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 08:05:30 PM »

About 3 years ago the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation (coaches) voted it unanimous to have a super regionals, but the WIAA shot it down because of the possibility of having a 6th match.  Please don't blame coaches for this, because we tried and the the WIAA said no.  I understand both sides, but when you only have 6 teams in the weakest regional of 4, and 7 in the other 3, it is not the coaches fault.  Common sense would be to at least add one team to that regional to get better numbers. The coaches have decided that the WIAA is going to do what they are going to do.  This has been on going for years, and anyone can see that the WIAA doesn't really care.
1Iota
Outside the Wall

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »

D-2 in the southeast is not much better.  Check out the East Troy & Jefferson regionals.  Brackets with 1 kid, many with 2or 3. 
NWIS
Outside the Wall

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 08:45:03 PM »

With all these low numbers across the state it's obvious we need to increase the number of weight classes, that way more kids will get an opportunity....
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 08:45:03 PM »

wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 11:53:43 AM »

Worst part is telling a 25-10 kid hey you weren’t quite good enough to be a sectional qualifier, but that 0-3 kid he earned it.

Also I have nothing against those kids but did they deserve to be at sectionals?
Numbers
Outside the Wall

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »

About 3 years ago the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation (coaches) voted it unanimous to have a super regionals, but the WIAA shot it down because of the possibility of having a 6th match.  Please don't blame coaches for this, because we tried and the the WIAA said no.  I understand both sides, but when you only have 6 teams in the weakest regional of 4, and 7 in the other 3, it is not the coaches fault.  Common sense would be to at least add one team to that regional to get better numbers. The coaches have decided that the WIAA is going to do what they are going to do.  This has been on going for years, and anyone can see that the WIAA doesn't really care.

If a proposal gets rejected by the WIAA, it might get rejected again the following year.

Now it is a few years later and there is more/new data to consider.  Time for coaches to send something to the WIAA again.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: