Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
January 19, 2018, 04:02:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: open practice  (Read 2133 times)
imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 12:31:22 AM »

Cashtonite. 1,102 people...two cheese factories, one curd. All Amish milk (flys removed). There's a lot of excess milk out there, so we better start gulpin' dem curds.

Cashtonite?  Isn't that stuff the Achilles heel of Superman? 

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »

Sort of the opposite of kryptonite. Brings people up, especially Superman, who is invited (incognito as Clark Kent, of course) to sample the finest cheeses on the planet.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »

I'm going to say this with greeaaat hesitation. Westby has great curds. I even purchased some garlic flavored ones a few weeks ago, because the two factories in Cashton don't make garlic. For plain ole curds, Cashton is it. Smiley

imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »

Sort of the opposite of kryptonite. Brings people up, especially Superman, who is invited (incognito as Clark Kent, of course) to sample the finest cheeses on the planet.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »

it was a nice practice over all. I think they all were there and fun to watch some of the match ups in some live and drilling!

I am sure it wasnt a huge popular thing for some of the wrestlers to make that 3 plus hour trek from there homes in Madison but hats off to the badgers for doing this and I thought it was pretty cool!

thanks to Ellsworth and the Badgers for doing this!!!!!!

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »

Cool little event. Also focuses on wrestling populations. Many die hard wrestling folks live in rural communities who have huge pride in their cheeses and meats. Madison isn't a town that will fall in love with wrestling anytime soon. Ells is already sold on the first sport.

npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »

it was a nice practice over all. I think they all were there and fun to watch some of the match ups in some live and drilling!

I am sure it wasnt a huge popular thing for some of the wrestlers to make that 3 plus hour trek from there homes in Madison but hats off to the badgers for doing this and I thought it was pretty cool!

Sounds like you were there, LG - well attended?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:23:55 AM by npope » Logged

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope
billymurphy
Breathe

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 11:45:10 PM »

That is a 227 mile trip to Ellsworth and traveling on Highway 10 is very slow so I certainly never made that trip in 3 hours but
my brother claims to have done it that fast. You for sure have to break the speed limit to do it in 3 hours.
Wisconsin Wrestling Fan
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 12:42:16 AM »

Awesome job by the Badgers to promote Wisconsin Wrestling in Northern Wisconsin!
wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »

Awesome job by the Badgers to promote Wisconsin Wrestling in Northern Wisconsin!
Agreed! One critique would be timing though. Many schools were back in session and had no chance to make it, because they were in school. Would have loved the opportunity for my kids to go and watch. I am sure there are others that feel the same. But all in all a GREAT thing for the team to do.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »

well, I will be postive about this, not greatly attended but I really enjoyed it while i was there.

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 10:43:41 AM »

That is a 227 mile trip to Ellsworth and traveling on Highway 10 is very slow so I certainly never made that trip in 3 hours but
my brother claims to have done it that fast. You for sure have to break the speed limit to do it in 3 hours.

actually that is a slow way. from Madison the fastest way is 94 to the baldwin exit and go south 20 miles to ellsworth. if they are leaving from the field house, I would head out to middleton and head north on 12 I believe through Baraboo and up to the Dells and then onto 94.

I live south of Baldwin and have made the field house in 2 hours and 58 minutes going 94 to the dells and south through Baraboo to the field house but I would say my ears were pinned back doing that Grin Grin Grin

mbcguy
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 02:18:03 PM »

well, I will be postive about this, not greatly attended but I really enjoyed it while i was there.

Yes LG there is even video proof of your attendance.  Just check it out on the Pierce County Herald website.  Grin
imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 03:25:46 PM »

Yes LG there is even video proof of your attendance.  Just check it out on the Pierce County Herald website.  Grin

LG, you are now a bonafide celebrity!  When are you moving to Hollywood? 

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 03:25:46 PM »

billymurphy
Breathe

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »

Ya, taking the interstate would be faster but foolishly I never did it that way.
I assume that the distance traveled would be further by at least 20 miles though so
asking the college wrestlers to travel that far for a wrestling practice is still a big commitment.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: