Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 25, 2018, 06:34:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop 1.5% Rule Vote  (Read 1212 times)
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »

Hard to prove it's safety. That leaves what's unproven but covers one's legal tail...paper trail. Stick with it, and leave scoring the same for awhile.

Disagree for all the reasons I stated healthy weight loss over time is always healthier than huge drop in water weight. If done properly reduction in fatty tissue not water weight or hydration issues.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »

Hard to prove it's safety. That leaves what's unproven but covers one's legal tail...paper trail. Stick with it, and leave scoring the same for awhile.

Disagree for all the reasons I stated healthy weight loss over time is always healthier than huge drop in water weight. If done properly reduction in fatty tissue not water weight or hydration issues.

I agree with that. Just don't want any more goofy changes. Let's stick with some stuff.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »

the 1.5 rule is hear for awhile I believe.

whether I like it or not it is just another thing that coaches, wrestlers and parents need to keep track off.

go along with the "new" 4 points of contact rule for back points and pins, increased focus on uniform apparel, and a now confusing 1.5 rule that only counts the first day of a 2 day event and the extra pounds are not figured in and so on down the list.

I believe it takes the average kid and family out of the mix for wrestling. to many things to take into thought before you even trot out on the mat to wrestle.

equal weight, try to pin shoulders to mat in legal hold. that is basically wrestling but take alook at it now.

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: