Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
January 19, 2018, 04:06:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Badgers vs ex-Badgers  (Read 4519 times)
bigG and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »

How many of those guys will even qualify for NCAAs. I am guessing not many. Probably Marko, Lee, Breske, Thorton, Morrisey, and Bianchi. That is 6 guys the Badgers will should have more than 6.
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »

How many of those guys will even qualify for NCAAs. I am guessing not many. Probably Marko, Lee, Breske, Thorton, Morrisey, and Bianchi. That is 6 guys the Badgers will should have more than 6.

your right on that.

but the badgers have 20 plus in the room and wisconsin certainly doesnt have that many kids wrestling in D1 so the % could be higher.

also dont forget about lantz quailifing because in this confo we can double dip with Mr Lantz Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »

Well there are 25 Wisconsin high school wrestlers on the list so it would be dead even though. Not a math major but 20+ and 25 are pretty close to even.
Ivan Stankowski
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 02:09:45 PM »

Not every Wisconsin wrestler is a fit for the Wisconsin wrestling team for numerous reason, just a fact
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »

True that. There get to be log jams, the 125lb dilemma (growth), etc. I never thought BD did a particularly sucky job recruiting. I don't think we were going to convince AD he was coming here. BA was the big "one that away." Then again, there was no real way of knowing he'd be as impressive as he was/is.

I just think BA would be the better coach; and that BD should think of bowing out gracefully.

BA was a silver medalist. Maybe he'd be the guy to run BRTC with TT.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:45:05 PM by bigG » Logged

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »

wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »

Not every Wisconsin wrestler is a fit for the Wisconsin wrestling team for numerous reason, just a fact
No one ever questioned that. That has no relevance.

There are 8 varsity wrestlers I believe from Wisconsin high school wrestlers.
Lantz
Crone
Bianchi
Morrisey
Thorton
Smercheck
Lee
Breske
Ivan Stankowski
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »

Lots of people question it all the time and some even think if we have a new coach that will change, but again that will not happen.
wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »

Lots of people question it all the time and some even think if we have a new coach that will change, but again that will not happen.
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with that. It is irrelevant. This is about what WI produces as a state.
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 03:43:50 PM »

Well there are 25 Wisconsin high school wrestlers on the list so it would be dead even though. Not a math major but 20+ and 25 are pretty close to even.

I know that there are 20 plus kids wrestling D1 from wisconsin but as someone pointed out very few are on a roster in another school to even have a chance to make nationals.

I could care less one way or the other, I wish them ALL good luck no matter where they are from or who they are wrestling for.

Ivan Stankowski
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with that. It is irrelevant. This is about what WI produces as a state.

Its all relevant, all of it
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »

Japanese Whizzer
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 07:08:05 PM »

The discussion actually stemmed from a now gone thread where I pointed out that Wisconsin doesn't actually produce that much talent anymore. Because the Badgers team is dependent on "local" talent, at the very least as filler/backups, and more so for the starting lineup, it makes Badger job harder than we all insinuate.

Considering the lack of in-state talent, Davis has really recruited well in the last 4-5 years, filing the lineup with Top 50 guys from out of state.
wrastle63
Breathe

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »

I know that there are 20 plus kids wrestling D1 from wisconsin but as someone pointed out very few are on a roster in another school to even have a chance to make nationals.

I could care less one way or the other, I wish them ALL good luck no matter where they are from or who they are wrestling for.
That's kinda the point.
Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »

The discussion actually stemmed from a now gone thread where I pointed out that Wisconsin doesn't actually produce that much talent anymore. Because the Badgers team is dependent on "local" talent, at the very least as filler/backups, and more so for the starting lineup, it makes Badger job harder than we all insinuate.

Considering the lack of in-state talent, Davis has really recruited well in the last 4-5 years, filing the lineup with Top 50 guys from out of state.

So he "really" recruited well over the last 4-5 years but the results stay the same?

I'm certain many current and former wrestlers can speak highly of the many positive characteristics of Barry Davis.  Recruiting well isn't one of them.  Obviously, if you're at a Big Ten school for 20 years you're going to hit on some good recruits.  Even Tom Minkel landed some for MSU.  Either BD couldn't identify D1 talent or he couldn't close recruiting D1 talent. 

If UW relied on in-state talent they would obviously not be highly competitive.  The idea is to recruit (and land) talent nation wide and keep in-state the occasional blue-chip wrestlers which is where BD has failed.  National champions and Hodge winners have left the state under BD's watch.  Simply a fact. 

JHI Mafia
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 09:26:07 AM »

That's kinda the point.

OMG. Nobody questions the dedication of the fans. IRRELEVANT!!! Grin
Please, get relevant.

I kid. I love JW's take with this thread. It's an interesting comparison. Good fodder for fans.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:05:39 AM by bigG » Logged

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 09:26:07 AM »

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 12:05:15 AM »

I do agree with you and at the same time have a hard time choking down what your saying because you may be right and I am a blinded with love fan for sure.

I do agree that while I think Wisconsin is the best, your probably onto something with saying we might not be producing the talent that I and many fans believe we are producing.

now when I say that, I mean no rip on any wrestler in Wisconsin, what I see is some incredible talent on the rise in Wisconsin.

BD has done a good job in recruiting Wisconsin kids, it is a hit or miss game also and BD has landed some what I felt is cannt miss talent only to have that talent not work out for one reason or another. I cannt blame BD on that.

What may be happening is while us fans think would be a great fit, maybe that certain wrestler isnt a fit. Whether it be grades to get in, school doesnt offer his major or plain and simple doesnt like or want to go to Madison. I know that maybe shocking that some one doesnt like madison but it is a thought.

BD has a line up of Wisconsin kids, could have as many as 5 wisconsin kids in the line up to as little as 2 this year. I dont think that is a bad thing for wisconsin fans though I believe many will argue that so and so is on another team and such but BD does have a slug of Wisco kids.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: