Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 17, 2017, 07:00:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mocco is ranked No. 1 in his class academically  (Read 1009 times)
imwi
Outside the Wall

« on: December 06, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »

Who knew?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/high-schools/2017/12/05/wrestling-preview-hale-standout-missouri-recruit-peyton-mocco-ready-senior-season/920883001/

Nah, I'm not his dad, not even from that area, just saw the article and thought it was an accomplishment worth noting

AZKing
Speak to Me

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:22:32 AM »

That’s pretty awesome. His match against Sasso was a barn burner and he simply ran out of time. Congrats Mocco! Sounds like you’ve definitely earned it.
Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »

Great addition for Mizzou.

JHI Mafia
GradeTough
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:57:12 AM »

That kid is on a great path for success on the mat and in life. Keep in the future in a positive way.
leg turk
Breathe

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »

Well heck, he had the grades to get into Madison.  I wish we could have landed that one.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »

bkraus
Us and Them

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »

He's AWA.  I bet he got some advice from the Askren's.  Payton definitely could have gone anywhere he chose.

Strive for Perfection
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »

Well heck, he had the grades to get into Madison.  I wish we could have landed that one.

Would have been a nice student to land. Mizzou's perdy nice, though. I'm sure he'll do well.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
MARSHDOC
Speak to Me

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »

He is a great kid, very respectful to go along with his athletic talent and academic achievement. 
nutman
Speak to Me

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:16 AM »

There are people who say you cannot make a living as a wrestler, but I will say his hard work academically and on the mat are going to save him some serious coin.  There is no doubt his academic resume will fill in any financial gaps that wrestling did not.  

Parents look at our top recruits this year.  They have done it both in the classroom and on the mat.     The lesson here is:

1) When you are with your family be the best family member you can be.
2) When you are in school, be the best student you can be.
3) When you are with friends, be the best friend you can be.
4) When you are wrestling, be the best wrestler you can be.

Don't expect to be rewarded for doing the right things, but if the right things are happening sooner or later you will be rewarded.  My guess is he has a great ACT score as well.  That is why it is important at an early age  parents help young people understand that just getting homework done is not good enough...it is important to learn the content.    Maybe your wrestler will not be a D1 recruit for a number of reasons, but if they are striving to possess all that is required to be a D1 recuit there is a good chance success will happen in their lives.

We have some great examples of recruits this year doing great things!  We should be proud as a state!  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:52:35 AM by nutman » Logged
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: