Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
January 19, 2018, 03:59:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIRST EVER Wisconsin Kids Team State Championships | March 11  (Read 2259 times)
rpm
Speak to Me

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 10:42:17 PM »

Sorry... Bad spell check   "they are". 
imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 02:40:39 AM »

Guys...Is this a good thing?  I am a varsity wrestling coach of almost 30 years, and an AD.  My experience with these youth "State Championships" in other sports...mostly hoops..is that is pay-to-play for a non-qualifing event (like the WBCA has developed), those who pay get to participate.  Our WWF regional and youth state tournaments are the best across youth sports because there are qualifying for those who CHOOSE to be involved.  There are a bunch of D 2 and D3 schools in the state that have small communities that can't come up with numbers of kids to participate in something like this, even if communities combine kids.  I think that parents should decide what kind of, and how much competition is best for their own children.  I believe that this type of competition at the youth level has been a major influence on the participation (or, lack there of) at the MS and HS levels.  This all leads to a discussion of number of weight classes and things of that nature due to the discrepancies between D1 and the smaller schools in the state.  We have some bad weather moving in.  Be safe.

Great post!  Honestly, I can't see what the rush is.   Roll Eyes

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!
CityGuy
Speak to Me

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 03:21:06 PM »

They do a phenomenal state championship team dual series in the IKWF in Illinois. We don't need to reinvent the wheel. I was on some winning and losing teams, either way it was a ton of fun and we really learned and embraced the team aspect of the sport. I think this is a positive step for WI wrestling. As far as small communities who can't fill a team I would suggest joining with other programs and bringing a CO-OP team to the event. Either way congrats for giving something new a try. Good luck to all
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 01:30:23 AM »

The eight teams that get in will have a great experience.

Exchanging forfeits just is not that exciting.
"That's why they wrestle the matches"
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:29 AM »

Milton Monsters !    Smiley

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
 "" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
 "" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:29 AM »

catzfan
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 08:24:11 AM »

If this happens, I think it's great for MS teams to come together. I don't think it should be for 'all-star' club teams. There are enough of those tournaments around. Or have an 'all-star' club state. Those teams are fun. I just believe we should have kids wrestle for their hometown team if they have one. After all, that is where they will wrestle their HS years.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: