Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 15, 2017, 10:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunslinger  (Read 1879 times)
Tews19
Outside the Wall

« on: December 01, 2017, 10:45:05 PM »

I'm not seeing anything about this tourney on the forum. However I've looked at the team rosters and there is some serious talent. Hopefully someone here will provide updates on some of the matchups. Lots of top 5 place winners in the same brackets.
Ced61
Speak to Me

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »

There are large number of state qualifiers in this tourney and many state place winners in this one.  It will be interesting to watch the De Pere kids who are returning, that didn't get the opportunity to finish their seasons last year.  The 138 bracket seems loaded with O'Toole, Kochiu, Ziebell, Maertz, Sigmund, Ehlen, and Esser in it.  It will be great to see some of these early season match ups take place at many of the weight classes.  Looking forward to watching this one!
Tews19
Outside the Wall

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »

138 is LOADED!!!
knighthead
Speak to Me

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »

I was really excited about his weight class as well.  Some really good matchups early in the season. I didn’t see Kouchiu in the bracket ?? Looks like he wrestled Thursday.
bud
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »

Agree that #38 looks to be a tough bracket. I was hoping to see Bauer in there as well.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »

Tews19
Outside the Wall

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 09:08:21 PM »

138 was awesome. AWA's Keegan is something special. Moves up 2 weights and wins it against some studs.
statman
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 09:35:03 PM »

138 was awesome. AWA's Keegan is something special. Moves up 2 weights and wins it against some studs.

awa... I thought for sure he wrestled for arrowhead

they don't call me statman for nothin
Tews19
Outside the Wall

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »

awa... I thought for sure he wrestled for arrowhead

You are correct. My bad.
Lunatic Fringe
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 08:31:34 PM »

Couple of observations from the Gunslinger

- Burlington is a force to be reckoned with.  They have a tough lineup from top to bottom.  Their "problem" of halter and bird at 106 is something many coaches would be very envious of.
 - O'toole really is at another level.  He looked effortless against both Sigmund and Ziebell.
 - With the crew of guys that arrowhead has who could win state (Ganos, dentino, O-toole, otto) if they can fill a lineup they could be a team to be reckoned with as well.
 - The De Pere crew (M & S Bruss, A & G Lopez, Esser, Hooyman) who "should" have qualified for state didn't look like world beaters, but hopefully they can put the work in to prove to the WIAA that they should have been at the big dance last year.

Overall, great early season tournament.

Ced61
Speak to Me

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »

I agree.  Burlington looks real solid and pretty young.  With there schedule over the next few weeks, they will get to show a bunch of people their strength.  Otto was a takedown animal, for Arrowhead, alot of fun to watch.  There were a lot of good wrestling matches for a season opening tourney.  For all the talent at 138, O'Toole, dominated.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »

Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 11:19:41 PM »

What will happen when Arrowhead stops getting kids to transfer? Idk Ganos, but the other three are all from somewhere else. They may have a numbers problem that gets much worse in two years.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
Napoleon Dynamite
Breathe

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 07:33:22 AM »

Ganos is/was from Oconomowoc, I believe.   
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:57:07 AM by Napoleon Dynamite » Logged

Do or Do Not.  There is No Try.......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: