Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 17, 2017, 07:05:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cliff Keen tournament  (Read 5822 times)
Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »

The well rounded Ben askren taking a third string job as a practice partner in an rtc! Lol bens head coach material

One must ask...then why isn't he? 

One must assume if being a HC was his primary objective, he would be one.  Based on some of his replies he gives the impression that he likes running his academies and training in Wisconsin.  Head coach at UW would be a win-win. 

JHI Mafia
lingjan
Speak to Me

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2017, 03:54:49 PM »

The well rounded Ben askren taking a third string job as a practice partner in an rtc! Lol bens head coach material

One must assume if being a HC was his primary objective, he would be one.  Based on some of his replies he gives the impression that he likes running his academies and training in Wisconsin.  Head coach at UW would be a win-win. 

One must ask.....why would WI want someone assuming his primary objective isn't a HC?
Barou

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2017, 04:22:16 PM »

One must ask.....why would WI want someone assuming his primary objective isn't a HC?

One might think he should be the top choice if his primary objective is to only be a HC if it's at UW. 

JHI Mafia
Harris
One of My Turns

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »

Look at the Flo rankings after the tough Cliff Keen tournament and it will show you that people think these badgers are wrestling tough and deserving of some recognition for their hard work. 

Ranked wrestlers at 141, 149, 157, 165, 174, 184 and 197 if I'm not mistaken.  Not a bad middle of the line-up if you ask me.  I am very happy watching these young bucks make a statement.  Keep working hard and don't listen to the negative chatter on the wrestling forum.   The only thing that has surprised me so far is that JJ isn't wrestling at 125 or 33 since he is a 2X NCAA qualifier who could help the team it would seem. 
npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »

All-in-all, CK results were pretty decent (given the talent level they brought to the dance), I think. Not great; not bad; but better than I might have expected. Given what they have in the room, I think they deserve a pat on the back.

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »

And it sounds like they were very aggressive.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
mkm13
Outside the Wall

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »

Any badger fan should be happy with the results from 141-197.

With Jimenez, Konrath, and Hillger all redshirting, we will be weak this year at 125, 133, and HWT.  They should fill in nicely next year, along with Bahr.

Assuming injuries are not an issue, next year we should not have any holes in the lineup, but will still likely be lacking enough elite top 10 guys that will be needed to keep some people happy here.
leg turk
Breathe

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2017, 10:06:08 AM »

With Jimenez, Konrath, and Hillger all redshirting, we will be weak this year at 125, 133, and HWT.  They should fill in nicely next year, along with Bahr.

Assuming injuries are not an issue, next year we should not have any holes in the lineup, but will still likely be lacking enough elite top 10 guys that will be needed to keep some people happy here.

Lol, yep there is always next year.
Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »

The depth this year appears to be very good.

Cole Martin, Jared Scharenbrock, Jacob Covaciu, and Mason Reinhardt are all pretty good. if Jimenez returns this year, that would help 125.
Japanese Whizzer
Speak to Me

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »

At 3 of the 10 weights, we literally have a better guy than we're running out there, redshirting. Every one of them, by design & definition, is waiting for next year.

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »

Barou

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »

Lol, he walked right into that one....

JHI Mafia
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

I wish it were next year already! That's gonna be great!

Numbers
Outside the Wall

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »

I wish it were next year already! That's gonna be great!
better
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2017, 02:45:51 PM »

We get better every year; just not as better as other teams.

« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2017, 02:45:51 PM »

AZKing
Speak to Me

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2017, 12:14:21 AM »

We get better every year; just not as better as other teams.

So “you” get worse? Because  if everyone else is getting better and you get better at a slower rate than you are actually getting worse. The gap is widening.

Just like commonsense gun control. Laughable.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: