Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 17, 2017, 07:02:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: no more doubting our Badgers !  (Read 1335 times)
ElectricGuy
Breathe

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:01 AM »

Didn't hear any complaining here when we played LSU and Bama. Doesn't Bama owe us a trip to the Tundra?

Nah - Bama it was just a straight up neutral site (not really neutral if you ask me - Arlington TX), LSU was @ Houston that was their regional neutral and our regional neutral was @ Greenbay

I think they are only going to do the Greenbay thing every four years with the next being Notre Dame there in 2020.   That year has a nice non-conf schedule with Syracuse at home also.

Then in 2021, buckle up, probably my favorite schedule ever as a badger football fan  - the season starts and goes in this order with PennState @ home, Syracuse @ NY, Notre Dame @ Soldier field, Mich @ home, Minn @ Twin Cities, Army (Very cool) @ Home, ILL @ Champaign, NW @ Home, , Rutgers @ NJ, Purdue @ Home, Neb @ Linc, Iowa @ Home <--- Who can't love that schedule from a competition and timing stand point. 

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.
Houndhead
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 11:25:52 AM »

The good thing is if we lose to Syracuse it won't hurt our ranking. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
ElectricGuy
Breathe

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »

The good thing is if we lose to Syracuse it won't hurt our ranking. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I know, that one is a hard one to swallow,  if I were Alabama and let say they were left off, how could you argue Clemson over Bama.  Then if you look at WI, which one loss looks worse to OSU or to Syracuse.   With the field being limited to 4, still too much subjectivity IMO.   Need to expand to 8

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.
Japanese Whizzer
Speak to Me

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:35 PM »

What really hurts us is playing on the weaker side of the conference. Again, not our fault. I think our coach will increase our elevl of difficulty gradually, and we'll end up on top someday in our lifetimes.

bigG hit it right on the nose. Until Iowa & Nebraska get their acts together, we're going to have a weakish schedule. Fortunately, the Big Ten went from eight to nine conference games last year (The SEC still only plays 8..), which means yearly we get three games with the East Division, in addition to our normal go-arounds with Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue. Our cross-division matchups start to pick up next year, including four more straight seasons with a game against Michigan, strangely. (2019 coming in HOT!!)

2017: @ Indiana / v Maryland / v Michigan
2018: @ Michigan / v Rutgers / @ Penn State
2019: v Michigan / v Michigan State / @ Ohio State
2020: v Indiana / @ Michigan / @ Maryland
2021: v Penn State / v Michigan / @ Rutgers

That's as far out as the Big 10 has scheduled, but we do have a home and home with Virginia Tech in 2024 & 2025 as well.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised to see Indana playing much better ball of late. Nice coaching going on.

Iowa always has the heart but not the talent. Nebraska's starting over. They should. Like us, they have the hogs, just need to get them all in the same barn.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »

maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »

IND has some darn good players !   

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
 "" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
 "" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »

They do. Looking to the future, they should be an emerging power. Illinois should, too; but, if this next cycle doesn't work for Lovie, he'll be out in 4-5 years.

maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2017, 06:34:45 PM »

I like our chances next yr, were so young, Great Exp.  Wink

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »

Need a QB that is even the tiniest threat to throw. I hope he goes to camp and actually works on his mechanics.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:22:25 PM by bigG » Logged

Houndhead
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »

Not to be.... Sad   Congrats OS.....we are a very young team, but the bottom line is, with 4 Mins to play, we had 2 very good shots at going down to win that game! no excuses, but a few calls here or they could have made the differance and not blaming the refs for the game but The officiating suck the whole game, 1 call that really stood out was the huge missed call by the top officiating team from the big ten, was the holding call against us on the last drive while they were also flaged for holding,  OFF SETTING should have been the call, instead it was 2 and 20...  Shocked   OS Beat a darn good young Badger team by 6 points....Great season Bucky !  Smiley

By my count, this very young team you speak of is losing 8 seniors from a defense that carried this team to an undefeated regular season.
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »

Crap. I didn't notice that.

Will Cichy be back next year?

maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 09:29:25 AM »

yes, were losing a few good ones, but we have a lot of depth at them positions      Smiley

Houndhead
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »

Crap. I didn't notice that.

Will Cichy be back next year?

I don't know if he can get another season of eligibility.

Garrett Dooley, Joe Ferguson, Natrel Jamerson, Derik Tindal, Leon Jacobs, Chikwe Obasih, Alec James, Connor Sheehy, and maybe Cichy will be gone. Nick Nelson could leave early. I think just Fumagalli, Ramesh, and Jazz Peavy from the offense
Japanese Whizzer
Speak to Me

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »

At the skill positions, we do have a lot coming back. All four of our top receivers this year, Cephus, Taylor, Davis, and Pryor were Freshman or Sophomores this year. Obviously Jonathan Taylor was a freshman. I hope our worst-case at QB is Hornibrook, but he's a sophomore as well.

Our roster lists 17 offensive lineman and not a single one is a senior. I'm guessing someone is leaving early, but we have a lot back there, as well.
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »

It'd be nice if we could land another Russell Wilson from the deep pools of the likes of tOSU or some southern power.

I would think we'd offer a nice package for a career minded QB with a solid GPA and solider throwing skills.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:35:27 PM by bigG » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: