Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 17, 2017, 06:52:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoughton & Milton wrestlers face off in the first ever "Battle in the Barn"  (Read 4534 times)
cdahmen
Speak to Me

« on: November 21, 2017, 05:52:51 PM »

Stoughton & Milton wrestlers face off in the first ever "Battle in the Barn" on Fan Appreciation Night for UW Wrestling
 Madison, WI - Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 -- "The Battle in the Barn" is coming to the UW Fieldhouse on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus to showcase one of the most intense rivalries in Wisconsin high school wrestling. It is also Fan Appreciation Night for the Badger Wrestling Team -- two great matches for the price of one.

“The Battle in the Barn” begins at 5:30 PM. Following at 8 PM, the UW Badgers will compete against the Maryland Terps (broadcast LIVE on the Big Ten Network).

Fans can enjoy a great evening of top-of-the-line wrestling for just $2.00 per ticket. The first 2,000 fans through the door will receive commemorative tickets for this special event.

There will also be a special recognition of the two cornerstones of this rivalry: Bev Pieper (sitting in honor of her late husband and legendary Stoughton coach Vern Pieper) and Bob Johnson (long time coach at Milton who helped shape the rivalry between the two schools).

Don’t miss this great event -- the crowd will be rowdy, and the atmosphere electric. Advance purchase is available at www.uwbadgers.com under the tickets tab for the Maryland match. While tickets are available at the door (starting at 4:30), advance purchase enables you to avoid long lines the night of the matches.   Ticket direct link: https://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=WR17&linkID=wisc&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=
TylerBRTC
Speak to Me

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »

Stoughton & Milton wrestlers face off in the first ever "Battle in the Barn" on Fan Appreciation Night for UW Wrestling
 Madison, WI - Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 -- "The Battle in the Barn" is coming to the UW Fieldhouse on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus to showcase one of the most intense rivalries in Wisconsin high school wrestling. It is also Fan Appreciation Night for the Badger Wrestling Team -- two great matches for the price of one.

“The Battle in the Barn” begins at 5:30 PM. Following at 8 PM, the UW Badgers will compete against the Maryland Terps (broadcast LIVE on the Big Ten Network).

Fans can enjoy a great evening of top-of-the-line wrestling for just $2.00 per ticket. The first 2,000 fans through the door will receive commemorative tickets for this special event.

There will also be a special recognition of the two cornerstones of this rivalry: Bev Pieper (sitting in honor of her late husband and legendary Stoughton coach Vern Pieper) and Bob Johnson (long time coach at Milton who helped shape the rivalry between the two schools).

Don’t miss this great event -- the crowd will be rowdy, and the atmosphere electric. Advance purchase is available at www.uwbadgers.com under the tickets tab for the Maryland match. While tickets are available at the door (starting at 4:30), advance purchase enables you to avoid long lines the night of the matches.   Ticket direct link: https://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=WR17&linkID=wisc&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

This is going to be a fun event. Hope we can see lots of you there. How many people do you think we can pack in the Barn?? 

I am personally excited about the match up with Stoughton and Milton (a great rivalry) AND the opportunity to see the Badgers mop up on Maryland. Sounds like a great night of wrestling to me. If you want to support wrestling in WI, this is a great event as you are supporting HS and college.

We had an opportunity to go on local TV last week and promote the event. Check it out. Since we taped the interview the price has come down to just $2 for everyone as UW has Fan Appreciation Night AND you can buy tickets early (which is a big deal!). Let me know if you have any questions as I want to help people understand the importance of this event and to get you there.

https://youtu.be/WPTUckpdEs8
TOMMY-2-TONE
Speak to Me

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

I`ve got 5 pm for the start time at the Barn. Is that time correct or 5:30? Thanks for all the coaches to make this happen! Can`t wait.  T-2-T

It`s better to go fishing and think about God, than go to church and think about fishing!
TylerBRTC
Speak to Me

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »

I`ve got 5 pm for the start time at the Barn. Is that time correct or 5:30? Thanks for all the coaches to make this happen! Can`t wait.  T-2-T

5:30 start! They changed the time since the taping of the interview so there wouldn't be too much time between the two events. They are really trying to put together a great event for fans and showcase some great wrestling. 
MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »

Too bad it is on Thursday evening.  I'm committed to watching our local team

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »

GradeTough
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »

Same here. Wednesday's and Thursday's are when most schools are in a dual meet.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 02:42:49 PM »

Too bad it is on Thursday evening.  I'm committed to watching our local team

+1

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »

should be another BARN BURNER !     Smiley

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
 "" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
 "" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY
bkraus
Us and Them

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »

I bet if they had this on a Friday it would be the best attendance all year.

Strive for Perfection
MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »

I'd be there.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »

TriD
Speak to Me

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »

Could not agree more with what has been said about the date, time and all of the other details, but understanding all of the logistics to pull off this type of event has been incredible.  From making 4 teams schedules align, facility availability (a potential VB conflict), WIAA-UW-NCAA compliance, insurance/liabilities, not to mention getting administration from all schools willing step out of the comfortable norm....  Lots of work and trailblazing to what is hopefully a start of where this can go for wrestling in Wisconsin (I for one am thankful for that.)

Many from the UW, BRTC and the two schools have been working to make this happen and are excited for others that will get an opportunity in the future when this is proven successful.  It worked out that for the first event that Stoughton/Milton is traditionally a great dual, are close enough to Madison, and high school administrations that fully support their programs to show this can be pulled off.  Having an established relationship with the UW Athletic Dept (Duane Kleven SHS alum, former UW Coach and Associate AD along with SHS alum Rein and Hellickson) does not hurt the process.

Needless to say, an event like this is not just a date, a mat, two teams and a whistle. Every step has had multiple check and balances unlike regular duals we all come accustomed to.  This does not mention maintaining regular work duties and coaches staying up with just that, coaching.

I only share this to give a perspective that there is a desire by many to get out and move Wisconsin wrestling forward.

If your program has a coach, AD and administration that you feel would be all in to commit to this, I have no hesitation in them reaching out to me to and I will point them in the right direction if this event can carry on in the future. 

There will be a few more updates and announcements that I will be able to share/post between now and the event that will give more what is in store.  Between now and then, please get a ticket and help show that people in Wisconsin want to see the sport.
MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »

I appreciate the effort and totally understand the work to make it happen.  Wish I could be there.   I'm sure it is going to be memorable.

TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »

Stoughton, Milton face off in first ever “Battle in the Barn”
https://www.wiwrestling.com/stoughton-milton-face-off-in-the-first-ever-battle-in-the-barn/

Exchanging forfeits just is not that exciting.
"That's why they wrestle the matches"
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
knowgangs
Speak to Me

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »

For those who have been to the Stoughton/Milton dual in the past you know that seats fill up quickly.  We will try to get as many matches streamed live on Facebook as possible.  Be sure to like Stoughton's Facebook page for updates about this awesome event.  https://www.facebook.com/StoWrestling/.

To purchase your tickets (only $2 each and includes Badger vs Maryland) visit this link:  https://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=WR17&linkID=wisc&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »

TriD
Speak to Me

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »

Yes, There has been question about not being able to make it to the event, hopefully this will help those.

The UW-Maryland dual is going to be live on the Big Ten Network that night and we are working on getting the Stoughton-Milton dual on Fox that night.  If does not work out, at least the event will be out there for people to see it.

Regarding tickets, I did just checked with the ticket office to get a gauge on how the ticket sales were going and if the site has had traffic.  The ticket sales are coming in and many others have hit on the site, all of which are a good sign (bad sign is that tickets purchased from the Milton zip code is leading over those sold from the Stoughton area).  Commemorative tickets will be given out while supplies last at the door.

For those who don’t know,  pre sale tickets are not something the wrestling program has had the opportunity to do.  The staff worked with and convinced the marketing and promotions of the athletic department to give this event a try at it.   The hope is that we can show this event is worth the efforts.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: