Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 17, 2017, 06:59:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1.5% Q and A  (Read 3960 times)
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »

If you are less body fat than 7%, you better be on the weight you want to go to, or you will have to wrestle up. Under the scenario of 107, the kid is already in the 113 weight class. He's not forced to "wrestle up" because it's his weight.

The 119.9 is in the 120 weight class, so right, he can then wrestle 120.

I don't think you have that right CLC. We have had to make sure kids were 106 and under so that they could wrestle 106. They were under 7% at the body fat test. They were not forced to go up.

It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong today.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
CLC FAN
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »

If you are less body fat than 7%, you better be on the weight you want to go to, or you will have to wrestle up. We have had to make sure kids were 106 and under so that they could wrestle 106. They were under 7% at the body fat test. They were not forced to go up.

I’m not saying that kids under 7% are automatically forced to go up a weight class but definitely up in weight.  Ghetto, if you had a kid with 6% body fat who weighed in at 105, his minimum weight would be 106... so in essence he should go up, but it doesn’t change his weight class, and as we know, once you are in the weight class you can weigh whatever you want.
BSwagger
Speak to Me

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »

I have read this topic and I feel I have a basic understanding of the new rule but my understanding seems to vary from what my son is hearing from his coach so I hope someone wouldn't mind answering this example for my son even though it is similar to some previous questions. My son weighed in and had his skin fold test and his chart says he can be down to 194.75 LB on the day of their first tournament on December 9 thus he is eligible to wrestle at 195. My son is saying the coach says that in order to wrestle at 195 LB on December 9 he has to weigh in between the 194.75 LB and 195 LB to wrestle 195 that day. He thinks that if he weighs in at say 194 his weight is too low and he can't wrestle. My interpretation is that as long as he is under 195 he is good to go. The chart is just saying the weight loss allowed puts him at 194.75 so he is eligible to wrestle 195 whether he weighs in at 195 or less. Do I have this correct?
CLC FAN

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »

You are correct.  Any weight under 195 is fine
Grapl
Speak to Me

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »

CLC that would mean that the wrestler did not follow his 1.5 percent.  If it matters the next week weigh in then it should matter on the 1st weigh-in?
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »

Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »

The amount of weight loss really only defines when a kid can make the weight. If he makes the weight earlier than he is supposed to, he still has to wrestle up.

That’s a mess for coaches. I see kids getting on the scale early and weighing in “illegally”.

CLC FAN

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2017, 06:50:18 AM »

That’s a mess for coaches. I see kids getting on the scale early and weighing in “illegally”.

The whole thing will take plenty of getting used to, that’s a fact.  For coaches, the weigh-in sheet that you print off and bring to every dual says on it what weight class the kid can step on the scale at.  Obviously that doesn’t prevent issues, but it helps.

One thing I hope refs stop saying that they have in the past is
“Make sure you step on the scale at the lowest weight you qualify for.”
That used to be good advice, now I can see it crossing a kid up between what his coach told him to do and what the ref is telling him to do.
Alumni
Speak to Me

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »

What weigh in sheet are coaches supposed to print off and bring to each dual?
And what purpose does it serve?
CLC FAN

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 06:56:40 AM »

Coaches should show up at every event with a weigh-in sheet provided by trackwrestling for that specific date that shows what weight class each kid is eligible for.  As a coach, all I have to do is choose which kids will be attending that specific event and hit print. 

The purpose it serves is making sure that I, the ref, and the other school can all see what is or is not allowed as far as where my kids can weigh in.  In past years, it was up to the opposing coach to know that an opponent was violating the 1/2 pound a day rule and challenge.  Now it’s transparent.
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »

I was unaware of that sheet until Tuesday. Already out of the loop.

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »

Coach9
Speak to Me

« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 12:11:44 AM »

What are we as coaches supposed with the weight sheets for 2 day tournaments
Alumni
Speak to Me

« Reply #71 on: Yesterday at 11:55:15 PM »

Let’s say my wrestler is moving down to a lower weight class at some point.
He needs to weigh in at 112.23 on the first day of a two day tournament. His program allows him to lose .23 pounds per day. So in order to stay on his weight loss program he has to weigh 112 on the second day of the tournament, not being allowed to take advantage of the extra pound for consecutive days of wrestling correct?
Or does the program disregard the second day of weigh ins?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: