Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 22, 2017, 08:53:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snyder, Burroughs win gold, Green silver; Team USA wins Worlds  (Read 769 times)
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« on: August 26, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »

Snyder, Burroughs win gold, Green silver; Team USA wins Worlds

http://www.wiwrestling.com/uww-world-championships-paris-day-6-draws-released/

That's why they wrestle the matches
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
I was in the best shape of my life once.
The thing to remember when traveling is that the trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you will miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'amour
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »

Pretty nice showing. Proud of our boys; even Clark. Grr.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
CLC FAN
Breathe

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 01:23:04 AM »

Pretty nice showing. Proud of our boys; even Clark. Grr.

I'm sure you mean Gilman.  Grrr.   He is a bit much but what a tournament from him.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »

Gilman is Satan. JK, I think he's grown up quite a bit. I was just uber psst at him when they dualed Mizzu at national duals a few years back and he got so frustrated and ghetto, I can't believe the ref let him do what he did and be cool with it.

You're right. I had Gilman in my head. I like Clark. Hard worker, no dirt.

Hard to believe we won World's. Especially coming down to the wire w/ Snyder v. Sadulaev. Sounds like a great match to decide the champ.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:07:03 AM by bigG » Logged

Jap Whizzer
Speak to Me

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »

I was just uber psst at him when they dualed Mizzu at national duals a few years back and he got so frustrated and ghetto, I can't believe the ref let him do what he did and be cool with it

"Ghetto" huh? I'll say cheap.  Desperation set in, and he made a bad decision. Waters was no saint there either. There was a forearm to the head, if I'm remembering correctly. But, Gilman definitely lost control.

The thing I most take away from this last weekend, with guys like Gilman and Green, who never made the top of the NCAA podium, making world finals, is that there is always another level. Congrats for USA Wrestling providing the infrastructure to get there.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »

Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »

I was just uber psst at him when they dualed Mizzu at national duals a few years back and he got so frustrated and ghetto, I can't believe the ref let him do what he did and be cool with it

"Ghetto" huh? I'll say cheap.  Desperation set in, and he made a bad decision. Waters was no saint there either. There was a forearm to the head, if I'm remembering correctly. But, Gilman definitely lost control.

The thing I most take away from this last weekend, with guys like Gilman and Green, who never made the top of the NCAA podium, making world finals, is that there is always another level. Congrats for USA Wrestling providing the infrastructure to get there.

Yep, that did go both ways between Gilman and Watters.  I think Gilman is providing a little flare that helps the sport IMO.

Unbelievable what the USA team accomplished.  Wow!!  And to see the new weight classes that essentially gives us the opportunity to add Dake and Taylor, perfect!

JHI Mafia
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »

It was an intense match; but Gilman lost control. I've seen him pull some other , similar things; but, of late, he seemed to have matured and stayed in control. I gun on Gilman tongue in cheek. I hope he brings home some FS hardware. He's a very tough wrestler and it's obvious he pays the price. If he does win gold, I hope his coach doesn't ask that Gilman sup him.

Marion, on the other hand, is an unlicensed proctologist for life.

bman
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »

For what it's worth, I have a total man crush on Thomas Gilman.  He'll also accept responsibility and not make excuses. 
Team USA was awesome this past weekend.  Can't wait for the World Cup in Iowa City this April.  Carver Hawkeye will be going nuts for every Team USA match, but they will be going crazy nuts when Gilman wrestles.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 07:20:50 AM »

Yeah, that's a perfect venue. Iowa fans are nuts and Gilman has shown he can roll at that level.

imwi
Outside the Wall

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 12:52:02 PM »

Yeah, that's a perfect venue. Iowa fans are nuts and Gilman has shown he can roll at that level.

Totally agree.  I was down there for the Olympic Trials in 2012, what an event!  Still hate Iowa
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 12:52:02 PM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »

I can't stand 'em either; but they are the most raucous fans (prolly because wrestling is about all they have.)

Carver Hawkeye is an amazing venue, though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: