Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
September 24, 2017, 09:38:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Poll
Question: Who's the best club in Wisconsin?
AWA - 24 (32.9%)
Ringers - 8 (11%)
Advance - 8 (11%)
RT Elite - 2 (2.7%)
Xfactor - 5 (6.8%)
Crass Trainer - 2 (2.7%)
other - 24 (32.9%)
Total Voters: 73

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Club  (Read 5105 times)
Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 10:15:57 AM »

Man are some people sensitive.  So there's a thread on which clubs are the best and some people get their feelings hurt?

Not knowing a lot about the clubs, I like some of the information provided.

JHI Mafia
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

Man are some people sensitive.  So there's a thread on which clubs are the best and some people get their feelings hurt?

Lot's of the best kids go to several of the clubs so we as parents dont like seeing any coachs get torn down, no differant then HS or MS coaches.
wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 10:43:16 AM »

Lot's of the best kids go to several of the clubs so we as parents dont like seeing any coachs get torn down, no differant then HS or MS coaches.
I don't think one person said anything negative about any coach or club. There is no tearing down.
GradeTough
Speak to Me

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »

Rankings should not be seen as an insult to any club coach or group of parents. Especially when the intent was to identify which clubs appear to be developing top quality wrestlers. The thread did not start that way nor was it reframed to indicate a perspective on the coaches of those clubs.
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »

Man are some people sensitive.  So there's a thread on which clubs are the best and some people get their feelings hurt?

I don't think one person said anything negative about any coach or club. There is no tearing down.
Club and Coach are the same thing in this thread, the Club owner 99% of the time is the coach so its really the same.

Who is currently the best High School coach in the state? please dont answer I am just demonstrating what a distructive post this is.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:09:18 AM by getyourpoints » Logged
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »

wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »

Man are some people sensitive.  So there's a thread on which clubs are the best and some people get their feelings hurt?

Club and Coach are the same thing in this thread, the Club owner 99% of the time is the coach so its really the same.

Who is currently the best High School coach in the state? please dont answer I am just demonstrating what a distructive post this is.
So where is the negative? Seems like you think every club deserves a participation trophy

The huge difference here are these club coaches are running a business. Much different than a high school coach.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:22:14 AM by wrastle63 » Logged
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 11:45:02 AM »

So where is the negative? Seems like you think every club deserves a participation trophy

The huge difference here are these club coaches are running a business. Much different than a high school coach.
No I get that it's a business but some would say open enrollment has turned school into a business as well.

IMO the clubs are local and each have there pluses and minuses. It's not like Young Guns, Burnett Trained and PinNicle where they are pushing out D1 All American's year after year. Most of our clubs haven't been around long enough to have that kind data yet.
We also don't have a ton guys with D1 backgrounds coaching in clubs or HS like they do in MN or Illinois. A club coach in WI isn't handing there kids off that they work with all year to a D1 HS coach like the PinNicle guys get to do in MN.
There is also a personality choice in choosing a club, Ben Askren maybe able to get more or less out of a child then Dennis Hall. Some club coaches are also teachers and get things out of average wrestlers that other coaches may not.
Some kids love the grind of hard practices while other kids may excel in a more scientific room. Some kids do better with tough love and others with a soft spoken coach.
So the entire survey seems very flawed
aarons23
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »

This is not a place to take things personally. I have no tie to any of these clubs. I just see the results at the state tournament as well as Fargo and other national tournaments.

How did you miss Combat Then?  Combat had the most Greco AA out of all clubs.  Possibly Combined.  From my knowledge Advanced doesn't even do Greco but a couple of their members did train at Combat.

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.
GradeTough
Speak to Me

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »

getyourpoints, you are going way overboard here. You are evolving this into a topic discussed on other threads. You obviously have a personal agenda that expands beyond friendly posting.
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »

This is not a place to take things personally. I have no tie to any of these clubs. I just see the results at the state tournament as well as Fargo and other national tournaments.

How did you miss Combat Then?  Combat had the most Greco AA out of all clubs.  Possibly Combined.  From my knowledge Advanced doesn't even do Greco but a couple of their members did train at Combat.
Some of our best FS guys do a lot of one on one with Nazar as well.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »

Coach_G
Speak to Me

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »

WOW! This is taking the wrong turn.
Ivan Stankowski
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »

These are all good clubs.

Best Freestyle Clubs
1-AWA
2- Ringers
3- Advance
4- Xfactor
5-LAW

Best Folkstyle Clubs
1-Advance
2- Xfactor
3-AWA
4- Ringers
5-LAW

Top Three Greco Clubs
1-Advance
2- Ringers
3- Xfactor
This just shows how little folks know!!
This list is just dumb!!!
So we are doing a Greco list with out Combat, World Gold, Aviators, Northern Exposure or Kangaroo on it?? This whole thread is a joke....

Northern Exposure hasn't been relenvent since they came out with the "udderly gutworthy" shirts.

WRONG!!
coconut joe
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »

everyone knows greco is basically JV and doesn't really count like heavyweight wrestling.

Also, school boy and younger doesn't come into play in the rankings. 

Professional Pot Stirrer and Champion of the 1st "most negative/stupidest poster on the forum" poll
Mommabear
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »

Combat is #1 in Greco in a State that excels in Greco. World Gold is right up there too.
Askren is growing every year #1 in Freestyle and possibly Folk
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »

wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »

Feel like we are still missing a ton of WI talent by not have clubs in north central Wisconsin.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: