Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
September 24, 2017, 05:58:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headgear in college, yes or no?  (Read 1695 times)
leg turk
Breathe

« on: July 25, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »

Your thoughts?  I say if you want screwed up ears, more power to you!
Oldtimer
Outside the Wall

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »

A large number of wrestlers that make it to college already have screwed up ears.  Some wrestlers see the ears as a badge of honor strangely enough.  My opinion is to make it optional.  These are grown adults and can make their own appearance choices.

Beware of the northern sleeper
Wisconsin Wrestling Fan
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »

Headgear in college? Yes
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »

Yes

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan
aarons23
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:15:52 PM »

It should be my cho7ce if I wear a seatbelt so I certainly believe it should be there's to wear head gear or not.

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:15:52 PM »

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 09:00:36 AM »

it is proven that the head gear does not really protect the head from injuries just maybe reduce the cauliflower ear but in my dealings with most kids that wrestle they kind of relish the thought of having beat up and chewed on ears.

I will take it 1 step further, in youth you should make it mandatory in practice and optional in matches. Most damage comes of the daily grind.

also outlaw the morgan head gear!!!!!

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
dman
Money

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »

I say either all have to wear, or none wear it.  If it is optional, it would be way worse to wrestle someone who has headgear on and you don't.
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »

Yes!  The edges of the plastic are bad and worse is the long strap in the back that whips around, hate them.
it is proven that the head gear does not really protect the head from injuries just maybe reduce the cauliflower ear but in my dealings with most kids that wrestle they kind of relish the thought of having beat up and chewed on ears.

I will take it 1 step further, in youth you should make it mandatory in practice and optional in matches. Most damage comes of the daily grind.

also outlaw the morgan head gear!!!!!

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
aarons23
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »

I say either all have to wear, or none wear it.  If it is optional, it would be way worse to wrestle someone who has headgear on and you don't.

If it's way worse...then your option would be to wear it.

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »

The headgear rule, as it stands, is basically useless for protecting anyone. Most teams practice forever without them, then have to wear them in a match. The damage gets done in practice. Duck after duck, you're gonna bust that cartilage sometime.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »

MNbadger
Money

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »

I always required my wrestlers to wear it throughout practice.  (short of say, running sprints.  They still wore them during monkey rolls and such)

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:14 PM »

I bet you're in a huge minority. But, good for you. In HS or college, I usually only wore them when I had a break. Never wanted potato chip ears; but if a wrestler thinks it's cool, it's their body.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »

Agreed G and kids see their heroes Burroughs, Snyder, etc. They aren't wearing headgear.
billymurphy
Breathe

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »

Either they all do or they all don't.  I will stick with all do.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 09:32:50 PM »

I bet you're in a huge minority. But, good for you. In HS or college, I usually only wore them when I had a break. Never wanted potato chip ears; but if a wrestler thinks it's cool, it's their body.

wore them on break,,,,,,,,any window licking involved in your past??

your killing me BigG, hope your summer is hitting the limit! hint fishing and hanging with family

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: