Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 20, 2017, 11:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTC''s and Top college programs  (Read 1470 times)
wrestler_73
Wish You Were Here

« on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »

Just saw that Guerrero was hired as the RTC coach for the Oklahoma RTC.  The RTC's have become a recruiting tool for the top programs.  We have a great opportunity to hire a big name to run our RTC and help recruit top talent.  I would personally love to see an Askren brothers duo with one leading the Badgers and the other leading the RTC.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:11:04 PM by wrestler_73 » Logged
thedecider
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »

Interesting thought but I think we need an Olympian leading the RTC. 
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:53:53 PM »

Just saw that Guerrero was hired as the RTC coach for the Oklahoma RTC.  The RTC's have become a recruiting tool for the top programs.  We have a great opportunity to hire a big name to run our RTC and help recruit top talent.  I would personally love to see an Askren brothers duo with one leading the Badgers and the other leading the RTC.
If they run the RTC they are no longer allowed to have contact with HS wrestlers so they would not be able to keep AWA open. It is hard to hear these unrealistic and impossible ideas brought up over and over.
First BD would never hire Ben and Max.
Second Ben and Max would have to sell everything they own and down size there lives to afford the huge pay cut.
Third Ben would have to get his wife to agree to let him make less and work more hours. Good luck with that

Can we please start coming up with real solutions!!!
thedecider
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »

If they run the RTC they are no longer allowed to have contact with HS wrestlers so they would not be able to keep AWA open. It is hard to hear these unrealistic and impossible ideas brought up over and over.
Second Ben and Max would have to sell everything they own and down size there lives to afford the huge pay cut.
Third Ben would have to get his wife to agree to let him make less and work more hours. Good luck with that

Aren't HS wrestlers going to be a part of the BRTC? 
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »

Aren't HS wrestlers going to be a part of the BRTC? 
there are very strict rules to who and how HS kids can use the RTC to insure recruiting rules are not being violated.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »

wrestler_73
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »

Small minds give small thoughts, we can't do that answers and no solutions....

Is it possible that if done well...The RTC coach and Badger Coach with camps would make a lot more money and have much more influence than the current regime.  Ben and Max would flip the switch and  make it something truly special
dman
Money

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 07:29:18 PM »

We have Tyler Turner which is amazing!
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 07:42:42 PM »

Isn't the point of an RTC to provide quality coaching at little to no cost to the wrestler.
We are also forgetting that they currently have "no boss". I personally think that the Askren's enjoy being there own boss and not having to deal with the political nature of a university.
Explain to me how the Askren get out of there leases that they have 3-5 years left at each location? What do they do with the very expensive building they just bought? I guess they can just fire there coaches and tell all there short and long term clients good luck and so long. After they do all that they can go hard to work making less money helping a smaller group of wrestlers.
Your right this could work, I will call Max after Fargo and walk him through the plan.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:46:13 PM by getyourpoints » Logged
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »

We have Tyler Turner which is amazing!

1000+
I think he is off to a great start.
wrestler_73
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »

Is Barry in Fargo? 
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »

Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 07:57:13 AM »

Is Barry in Fargo? 

There was a "coaches spotted" type of feature on an email I read (can't remember if it was the Open Mat or Jason Bryant's....) anyway, in that listing there were no Wisconsin assistants or Barry mentioned.

JHI Mafia
Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 08:02:53 AM »

Askren was an Olympian.

JHI Mafia
leg turk
Breathe

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »

Why on earth wouldn't Barry be at Fargo?
wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »

Is Barry in Fargo? 

There was a "coaches spotted" type of feature on an email I read (can't remember if it was the Open Mat or Jason Bryant's....) anyway, in that listing there were no Wisconsin assistants or Barry mentioned.
I know for sure Kyle and Trevor are both there.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »

thedecider
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »

Askren was an Olympian.

True but Max isn't.  I think to keep up with the pack we need an Olympian to attract and train Olympic hopefuls.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: