Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 20, 2017, 11:42:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pat Downney  (Read 1832 times)
coconut joe
Waiting for the Worms

« on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »

Is UW coaching staff trying to get Pat to become a Badger?! That would be a huge pick-up for UW and maybe even the BRTC. 

Professional Pot Stirrer and Champion of the 1st "most negative/stupidest poster on the forum" poll
Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »

Is UW coaching staff trying to get Pat to become a Badger?! That would be a huge pick-up for UW and maybe even the BRTC. 

As much as the talent is there, I think they would be best to pass on this guy.  Between him and his Dad you can count on a lot of unwanted "noise" to deal with.

JHI Mafia
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »

Stud wrestler, but a gamble.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:39:01 AM »

Who is Pat Downney?
NOTE: Please briefly explain here and save me the trouble of going to some link or searching for the name. Thanks!

That's why they wrestle the matches
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
I was in the best shape of my life once.
The thing to remember when traveling is that the trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you will miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'amour
imwi
Outside the Wall

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:49:14 AM »

Who is Pat Downney?
NOTE: Please briefly explain here and save me the trouble of going to some link or searching for the name. Thanks!

Downey was arrested on multiple occasions as a prep, but has seen a handful of high-level wrestling opportunities since. After two years at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., he had a short stint at Nebraska, followed by a national championship run at Iowa Central Community College.

Then in Feb of this year
“Patrick Downey is no longer a member of the Iowa State wrestling team because of repeated violations of team rules,” Jackson stated in an afternoon release. “He will no longer compete for the Cyclones, including this year’s Big 12 or NCAA Championships.”

Source : http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/wrestling/2017/02/22/pat-downey-iowa-state-wrestling-dismissed-kevin-jackson-kevin-dresser/98271108/
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:49:14 AM »

TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 11:54:06 AM »

Thanks!

That's why they wrestle the matches
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
I was in the best shape of my life once.
The thing to remember when traveling is that the trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you will miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'amour
Gutwrench
One of My Turns

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »

Why ask the original question?  Have you heard something that indicates UW might be having conversations with Downney, or is this just a hypothetical scenario based question?
Barou

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »

Who is Pat Downney?

Downey was arrested on multiple occasions as a prep, but has seen a handful of high-level wrestling opportunities since. After two years at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., he had a short stint at Nebraska, followed by a national championship run at Iowa Central Community College.

Then in Feb of this year
“Patrick Downey is no longer a member of the Iowa State wrestling team because of repeated violations of team rules,” Jackson stated in an afternoon release. “He will no longer compete for the Cyclones, including this year’s Big 12 or NCAA Championships.”

Source : http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/wrestling/2017/02/22/pat-downey-iowa-state-wrestling-dismissed-kevin-jackson-kevin-dresser/98271108/

He was a 2016 All-American for Iowa State.  This last year at world team trials he beat like 5 AA's including Gabe Dean.  Very, very talented individual.  He is very unfiltered on social media and his Dad (PD2) even more so.

JHI Mafia
Jimmy
Outside the Wall

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 02:49:11 PM »

Barry keeps his job by running a clean ship. Pd3 is proble not on Barry's radar.
shakerag
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »

Barry keeps his job by running a clean ship. Pd3 is proble not on Barry's radar.

He's in the twilight of his career, maybe it's time to take a gamble on some talent.  End with a bang!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »

Barou

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 03:24:40 PM »

He's in the twilight of his career, maybe it's time to take a gamble on some talent.  End with a bang!

He would be the best wrestler on the roster, that's for sure.

JHI Mafia
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 05:49:52 PM »

He's also shown he doesn't have the discipline to keep his schnoz clean. He's just been like an Oakland Raider wherever he's gone. He's a brute. Beating Dean was no fluke Still the trade off would worry me.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
thedecider
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 07:59:39 PM »

maybe the BRTC can give him purpose Huh Roll Eyes
dman
Money

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 08:21:09 AM »

maybe the BRTC can give him purpose Huh Roll Eyes

What???   Huh
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 08:21:09 AM »

wrastle63