Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 22, 2017, 09:01:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McIntosh promoted  (Read 1818 times)
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 11:52:13 AM »

Just an FYI jrob never served in Vietnam.  He was slated to leave with his platoon to go over to Vietnam but got excused to wrestle at the world championships for the U.S. after he won the national championships.  He was a leutenaint as an army ranger at the time.  He has a really neat story and you can watch it on his website.  Jrob says in it how much it bothered him not to go with his platoon to Vietnam.  He even offered to give up his rank to go over to Vietnam but the army said no.
Good to know.
I still like his military back ground and leadership and clearly his selflessness and willingness to give up his commission to be with his troops.
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »

"I would have to imagine Mcintosh getting promoted would help the wrestling program. How many college AD's were high school wrestling state champs? I would think BD is safe as long as BA is around but a relatively young AD might want to push the wresting program especially with an AD that understands and cares about the sport. Unless BD learns how to fund raise his seasons may be limited."-GYP

I would hope as much; but sure don't see him kickin' BD to the curb, either. I'm sure there'd be a slew of coaches with more experience coaching than Ben. Are there any prospects with more MMA? Many wrestlers see this as the only route to an athletic profession. We might get a different breed of recruit, I thought Terry Steiner was available a few years ago. He got my vote. Most teams that are upper tier have a style all their own. Ours is "lurking."

On the other hand; we have a decent team and BD has made noticeable improvements in recruitment and performance, respectively, this year.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:12:13 PM by bigG » Logged

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
Coach Ryan
Speak to Me

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 01:04:52 PM »

First off, I have zero bad things to say about Barry Davis as a person. I think Barry has done some good things for Wisconsin wrestling and I think Wisconsin wrestlers as a whole are stand up citizens.

However, bringing in a coach like Ben Askren would absolutely change the face of Badger wrestling. With Ben you get a guy who is one of the best promoters of the sport that I have ever seen, he is a Wisconsin guy and a guy who gets people/kids motivated to wrestle for him. 

I will be the first to admit that I consider Ben and Max friends, however Wisconsin wrestling needs a change up and I guarantee Ben could put people in the seats, change the Badgers style of wrestling and be a national contender with his leadership.  Plus the best thing about Ben is when you doubt him he works harder to prove you wrong (as proved by his accolades). I would love to see Ben as the Badger's coach (that is if he would want the position). 
jchap
Speak to Me

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »

Just an FYI jrob never served in Vietnam.  He was slated to leave with his platoon to go over to Vietnam but got excused to wrestle at the world championships for the U.S. after he won the national championships.  He was a leutenaint as an army ranger at the time.  He has a really neat story and you can watch it on his website.  Jrob says in it how much it bothered him not to go with his platoon to Vietnam.  He even offered to give up his rank to go over to Vietnam but the army said no.
Good to know.
I still like his military back ground and leadership and clearly his selflessness and willingness to give up his commission to be with his troops.
Then you'd really like my dad for the coaching position.  He actually served a tour in Vietnam and turned down a chance to get commissioned.
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »

The best way to increase attendance is to ATTEND.

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »

Harris
One of My Turns

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »

The best way to increase attendance is to WIN.  Wink
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 11:15:21 PM »

Chicken and egg.  If you have people attending, they can't ignore you.  Numbers speak, period.  The Badgers had a winning record last year.  They were in the middle of the Big Ten.  They had quality individuals to watch.  Attendance has been generally the same regardless of finish.  Numbers(attendance) speak.

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
dad 2 5
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »

kind of like the complaining about giving to the program and than not giving...  Smiley
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »

Yep.

Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: