Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 21, 2018, 05:27:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fargo Predictions  (Read 5753 times)
billymurphy
Breathe

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 01:43:59 AM »

The results at Fargo since we stopped going to the duals has been worse.
That is the bottom line.  The fact that every good wrestling state sends a
team to the national duals makes it even more obvious that we should be sending at team.
I have no problem with only sending one team if cost is a concern.  Just send one junior
freestyle team and the best two guys go in every weight.  Some of the team will consist
of the best Cadet wrestlers and likely will fill the lower weights, making Wisconsin a strong team.
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »

Looks thin I hope all WI wrestlers finish strong. What I do not understand who has never wrestled a FS tournament on that team representing Wisconsin !!!!
mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »

Looks thin I hope all WI wrestlers finish strong. What I do not understand who has never wrestled a FS tournament on that team representing Wisconsin !!!!
Well probably better than an empty spot representing Wisconsin.  Pretty easy to understand what it takes to wrestle at fargo.... congrats to this brave non FS kid vs the experiences FS kid who is sitting at home....pretty simple to understand actually
mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »

Go to camp, represent the team!
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 07:12:31 PM »

Ok results will speak for themselves. Not hammering on the wrestler good for them it will be a good experience, however does the system in Wisconsin encourage best in our state to participate?
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 07:12:31 PM »

mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »

Ok results will speak for themselves. Not hammering on the wrestler good for them it will be a good experience, however does the system in Wisconsin encourage best in our state to participate?
Hate on brother! Blame the "system"...if a wrestler wants to succeed in Wisconsin nothing is holding them back....trust me the resources are there to be great in Wisconsin regardless of said "system"
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »

Hate on brother! Blame the "system"...if a wrestler wants to succeed in Wisconsin nothing is holding them back....trust me the resources are there to be great in Wisconsin regardless of said "system"

Easy there dude no hate in my post just simple realism. So you are one of the architects of the "system" as you call it?

I would guess those who find success is NOT solely because of a few training camps with the WWF organized, in fact I bet thier success has very little to do with that. It has more to do with their overall commitment and training and high level competition outside those camps. I would guess thier support system as far as family is concerned has a lot to do with it as well. Those WWF camps certainly do not hurt and most likey help to some extent but let's be real here. Sacrifice and training opportunities outside the WWF is what really builds these high achievers. Thier sacrifice and commitment is equal to the high level of success. Speaking to the sport and our place amongst the nation is a topic certainly open for further discussion.

Again no hate but just a realistic view of the situation. I hope the best for all the wrestlers and really love when they have success but I also wonder how many top tier wrestlers could have contributed if the "system" was setup to give them the training opportunities and maybe even a cooperative system that allows those opportunities all over the state at a wide variety of locations and using a wide variety of coaches as well as clubs and schools?

I am sorry you took my questions so personal.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:36:14 PM by ramjet » Logged
colekaden
Outside the Wall

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »

If you don't understand the "system", call someone on the board or coaching staff, they will explain it to you. If you have ideas- get involved. Don't hide on the forum and bash people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.There are ways to get better in any system. The WWF does a lot for our athletes. More than most states if not the best. Cost + camps+ coaching= great opportunities. Up to the individual to take advantage of it. Its the system we are using now and it is very well thought out. Are there different ways to run the state program? yes. Lets make the most of the one we have now and improve on it. The key is to always be looking for ways to improve and not staying with the same by doing the same things. WWF is giving kids the opportunity to train with the state coaches IF you want to or don't have qualified coaches in your area. Kids also get to now each other. The WWF is also giving kids the opportunity to make World and Pan-Am teams.

You dont wrestle,your a wrestler
lizard king
Outside the Wall

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

I can't seem to get results from trackwrestling, is it me or are they not on there?  If not where?
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »

I can't seem to get results from trackwrestling, is it me or are they not on there?  If not where?

It's on Flowrestling. Flo Arena is their bracket software.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »

MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »

I've been watching the floarena feed.  Works well

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 06:03:10 PM »

If you don't understand the "system", call someone on the board or coaching staff, they will explain it to you. If you have ideas- get involved. Don't hide on the forum and bash people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.There are ways to get better in any system. The WWF does a lot for our athletes. More than most states if not the best. Cost + camps+ coaching= great opportunities. Up to the individual to take advantage of it. Its the system we are using now and it is very well thought out. Are there different ways to run the state program? yes. Lets make the most of the one we have now and improve on it. The key is to always be looking for ways to improve and not staying with the same by doing the same things. WWF is giving kids the opportunity to train with the state coaches IF you want to or don't have qualified coaches in your area. Kids also get to now each other. The WWF is also giving kids the opportunity to make World and Pan-Am teams.

I am NOT bashing anyone so please save your dissertation for someone that is.

I will say they completely ignore segments of the State that have to travel great distances for those opportunities where others just walk to practice. Is that bashing? No just the facts. Sorry you are taking this as bashing that's more on you than me.
MNbadger
Brain Damage

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 06:19:59 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?

LOL you thinking I'm bashing. Very funny 😂
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?
If you want to compete at Fargo it takes great sacrifices. Listen to the interviews after the matches as 14-15 year old boys thank there parents for putting all there time and money into there kids. Driving to practice 2hrs each way 3x a week and using vacation & beer money on camps and coaching. Every state has the same issues Wisconsin has.
To complete at Fargo you have to be willing to suffer as an athlete and as a Family.

Absolute truth spoken in this post.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: