Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 24, 2017, 07:20:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fargo Predictions  (Read 5223 times)
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »

I can't seem to get results from trackwrestling, is it me or are they not on there?  If not where?

It's on Flowrestling. Flo Arena is their bracket software.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »

I've been watching the floarena feed.  Works well

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »

If you don't understand the "system", call someone on the board or coaching staff, they will explain it to you. If you have ideas- get involved. Don't hide on the forum and bash people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.There are ways to get better in any system. The WWF does a lot for our athletes. More than most states if not the best. Cost + camps+ coaching= great opportunities. Up to the individual to take advantage of it. Its the system we are using now and it is very well thought out. Are there different ways to run the state program? yes. Lets make the most of the one we have now and improve on it. The key is to always be looking for ways to improve and not staying with the same by doing the same things. WWF is giving kids the opportunity to train with the state coaches IF you want to or don't have qualified coaches in your area. Kids also get to now each other. The WWF is also giving kids the opportunity to make World and Pan-Am teams.
+1000.
I used to bash the "system" on the forum and then I started calling and asking questions and was willing to help so I started to get answers. I don't agree with some of them but I respect the fact that they were trying to change things up to yield a better result.
It was pointed out to me yesterday and a national dual tournament that the SB-Cadet-JR duals are important because it keeps more kids practicing verse taking 4-5 week off after Northern Planes where we seem to peek. The gentleman that pointed this out had a son compete on one of the most successful WI dual teams and is currently a college wrestler. He was saying how much easier it was to train 3-4 nights a week with partners still going hard after it. Now with his younger son being SB age its almost impossible to find partners at any of the privet clubs to train Gr/FS after northern planes.
To add to Ramjet's point the handful of camps are nice and they help I'm sure but it's no where even close to being enough. The privet clubs are where the kids are learning 85% of what they need to compete in Fargo. By creating a duel team it get's a lot more kids in the practice room training for the duals and improving there skill's. After the Duels the kids can study film and fix and there weaknesses and also watch film to prepare for there opponents.
Fargo is a college scouted event so it should be trained for like one.
Its clearly time to bring back the duel team and for the fact that the "KIDS" and the parents want it, and we are the customers I think.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:21:08 PM by getyourpoints » Logged
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 06:03:10 PM »

If you don't understand the "system", call someone on the board or coaching staff, they will explain it to you. If you have ideas- get involved. Don't hide on the forum and bash people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.There are ways to get better in any system. The WWF does a lot for our athletes. More than most states if not the best. Cost + camps+ coaching= great opportunities. Up to the individual to take advantage of it. Its the system we are using now and it is very well thought out. Are there different ways to run the state program? yes. Lets make the most of the one we have now and improve on it. The key is to always be looking for ways to improve and not staying with the same by doing the same things. WWF is giving kids the opportunity to train with the state coaches IF you want to or don't have qualified coaches in your area. Kids also get to now each other. The WWF is also giving kids the opportunity to make World and Pan-Am teams.

I am NOT bashing anyone so please save your dissertation for someone that is.

I will say they completely ignore segments of the State that have to travel great distances for those opportunities where others just walk to practice. Is that bashing? No just the facts. Sorry you are taking this as bashing that's more on you than me.
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 06:19:59 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 06:19:59 PM »

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?

LOL you thinking I'm bashing. Very funny 😂
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?
If you want to compete at Fargo it takes great sacrifices. Listen to the interviews after the matches as 14-15 year old boys thank there parents for putting all there time and money into there kids. Driving to practice 2hrs each way 3x a week and using vacation & beer money on camps and coaching. Every state has the same issues Wisconsin has.
To complete at Fargo you have to be willing to suffer as an athlete and as a Family.
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

I have to say Ramjet it does appear you are bashing and this has happened in the past as well.   It is impossible to have the best training within "walking distance" of everyone in the state, don't you think?
If you want to compete at Fargo it takes great sacrifices. Listen to the interviews after the matches as 14-15 year old boys thank there parents for putting all there time and money into there kids. Driving to practice 2hrs each way 3x a week and using vacation & beer money on camps and coaching. Every state has the same issues Wisconsin has.
To complete at Fargo you have to be willing to suffer as an athlete and as a Family.

Absolute truth spoken in this post.
MNbadger
Money

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 09:22:57 PM »

Well, I am the second person who says so.  Maybe some are reticent to do so as it ends up escalating often.

LOL you thinking I'm bashing. Very funny 😂

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »

WI will finish top 5 in the Cadet Freestyle portion.  Take that to the bank.

Good performance overall. Not quite what you wanted but still some improvements.

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2017, 08:12:17 AM »

It'll be interesting to watch over the years. If our FS can succeed as our Greco has, we could have some fine years ahead.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: