Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
September 21, 2017, 02:17:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fargo Predictions  (Read 4760 times)
hornbuckleb
Speak to Me

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvNzo_V4ZXg
bman
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »

[/quote]getyourpoints posted:
bman,
That's a great explanation and is the company line.
The truth as I was explained was that Wisconsin kids in the past wouldn't do the duals and Fargo both in the same season like the top tear kids do in other states.

[/quote]

getyourpoints,
Are you implying that I am some sort of shill for the "company line" or the WWf? I assure you, I have no ties or insider info regarding the WWF, and am not privy to any of their decisions and planning. I am just a parent of kids that wrestle.  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:38:35 PM by bman » Logged
billymurphy
Breathe

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 09:51:25 AM »

It is an embarrassment that Wisconsin does not send a team to the duals.
Wisconsin was national champions in greco when Dieringer was on the team.
And now we do not even send a team.  It is the best dual mat format in the entire
country and we do not even show up.
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »

getyourpoints posted:
bman,
That's a great explanation and is the company line.
The truth as I was explained was that Wisconsin kids in the past wouldn't do the duals and Fargo both in the same season like the top tear kids do in other states.

[/quote]

getyourpoints,
Are you implying that I am some sort of shill for the "company line" or the WWf? I assure you, I have no ties or insider info regarding the WWF, and am not privy to any of their decisions and planning. I am just a parent of kids that wrestle.  
[/quote]
I wasn't suggesting that at all, I can see in print how it could be taken that way though.

It is the company line that they tell all the parents though, as I have been explained the same thing. The data will lead us in the right direction for upcoming seasons to insure we are getting the best competition for our kids. I see MN and IL sent better kids to the duals then what they sent to Northern Plains so are we really getting prepared? If you qualify to go to Fargo or Asics through your state placement you will getter better opportunity's to improve at the duals more then you will at Northern Plains.
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »

WI will finish top 5 in the Cadet Freestyle portion.  Take that to the bank.
Last year we had 8 kids make it to the quarter finals, we have 5 in the quarter finals this year.
They will need a big day to finish higher then last year.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »

mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 10:10:06 PM »

WI will finish top 5 in the Cadet Freestyle portion.  Take that to the bank.
Last year we had 8 kids make it to the quarter finals, we have 5 in the quarter finals this year.
They will need a big day to finish higher then last year.
How many in the semifinalls last year? I predict 3 in semi's this year and will be a homer and say 3 finalists
billymurphy
Breathe

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 01:43:59 AM »

The results at Fargo since we stopped going to the duals has been worse.
That is the bottom line.  The fact that every good wrestling state sends a
team to the national duals makes it even more obvious that we should be sending at team.
I have no problem with only sending one team if cost is a concern.  Just send one junior
freestyle team and the best two guys go in every weight.  Some of the team will consist
of the best Cadet wrestlers and likely will fill the lower weights, making Wisconsin a strong team.
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »

Looks thin I hope all WI wrestlers finish strong. What I do not understand who has never wrestled a FS tournament on that team representing Wisconsin !!!!
mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »

Looks thin I hope all WI wrestlers finish strong. What I do not understand who has never wrestled a FS tournament on that team representing Wisconsin !!!!
Well probably better than an empty spot representing Wisconsin.  Pretty easy to understand what it takes to wrestle at fargo.... congrats to this brave non FS kid vs the experiences FS kid who is sitting at home....pretty simple to understand actually
mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »

Go to camp, represent the team!
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2017, 07:12:31 PM »

Ok results will speak for themselves. Not hammering on the wrestler good for them it will be a good experience, however does the system in Wisconsin encourage best in our state to participate?
mike
Outside the Wall

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »

Ok results will speak for themselves. Not hammering on the wrestler good for them it will be a good experience, however does the system in Wisconsin encourage best in our state to participate?
Hate on brother! Blame the "system"...if a wrestler wants to succeed in Wisconsin nothing is holding them back....trust me the resources are there to be great in Wisconsin regardless of said "system"
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »

Hate on brother! Blame the "system"...if a wrestler wants to succeed in Wisconsin nothing is holding them back....trust me the resources are there to be great in Wisconsin regardless of said "system"

Easy there dude no hate in my post just simple realism. So you are one of the architects of the "system" as you call it?

I would guess those who find success is NOT solely because of a few training camps with the WWF organized, in fact I bet thier success has very little to do with that. It has more to do with their overall commitment and training and high level competition outside those camps. I would guess thier support system as far as family is concerned has a lot to do with it as well. Those WWF camps certainly do not hurt and most likey help to some extent but let's be real here. Sacrifice and training opportunities outside the WWF is what really builds these high achievers. Thier sacrifice and commitment is equal to the high level of success. Speaking to the sport and our place amongst the nation is a topic certainly open for further discussion.

Again no hate but just a realistic view of the situation. I hope the best for all the wrestlers and really love when they have success but I also wonder how many top tier wrestlers could have contributed if the "system" was setup to give them the training opportunities and maybe even a cooperative system that allows those opportunities all over the state at a wide variety of locations and using a wide variety of coaches as well as clubs and schools?

I am sorry you took my questions so personal.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:36:14 PM by ramjet » Logged
colekaden
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »

If you don't understand the "system", call someone on the board or coaching staff, they will explain it to you. If you have ideas- get involved. Don't hide on the forum and bash people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.There are ways to get better in any system. The WWF does a lot for our athletes. More than most states if not the best. Cost + camps+ coaching= great opportunities. Up to the individual to take advantage of it. Its the system we are using now and it is very well thought out. Are there different ways to run the state program? yes. Lets make the most of the one we have now and improve on it. The key is to always be looking for ways to improve and not staying with the same by doing the same things. WWF is giving kids the opportunity to train with the state coaches IF you want to or don't have qualified coaches in your area. Kids also get to now each other. The WWF is also giving kids the opportunity to make World and Pan-Am teams.

You dont wrestle,your a wrestler
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »

lizard king
Outside the Wall

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

I can't seem to get results from trackwrestling, is it me or are they not on there?  If not where?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: