Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 24, 2017, 06:09:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Team Trials  (Read 4857 times)
coconut joe
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »

He tested positive for a stimulant. Hearing a few rumblings that it was a substance that wasn't supposed to be in a supplement he was taking - either a faulty batch or the company that made the supplements didn't fully disclose. I could see this being the case just given that JO is appealing. This happened to a few CrossFit competitors about 3 years ago. Supplement companies often put crap in their supplements that they don't list on the label, and then someone ends up testing positive without any intent.

That's the oldest defense in the book...it had to be a tainted supplement Roll Eyes

Even if this is truly the case it doesn't matter.  Athletes from college on know that they're responsible for what they put in their bodies.  Odds are it's not a tainted supplement but rather a supplement that he knowingly took without doing proper research on it. 

I'd be willing to bet he used the "my dog ate my homework" excuse a lot. 

Hammen hit it on the head.  The rumors floating is how Hammen described.  We will see how it plays out.  I guess some of us choose to be optimistic knowing the system has its flaws...instead of being an old crusty negative Nelly. Grin

Time will tell if Hammen, the eternal optimist is right or if this crusty old negative Nelly is right.  I can't wait to be right! Drugs are bad for athletes.

Also, for the record I'm not THAT crusty or old.

Professional Pot Stirrer and Champion of the 1st "most negative/stupidest poster on the forum" poll
Micah
One of My Turns

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »

Flo did a great job. They do so much more for the sport with publicity, etc. Idk how you can call it a steaming pile when they just ram WTT with no hiccups.

Agree, I prefer floarena over track.  Track needs an updated interface, one that does not require a million clicks.  Plus it's free to run a tournament on floarena.
MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2017, 08:07:29 AM »

Flo looked  fine.  Got the matches and results I wanted.    Competition is good.    Make it better make each other better.    Sounds like wrestling.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:32:49 AM by MarkK » Logged

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: