Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 24, 2017, 06:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Team Trials  (Read 4856 times)
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »

Do they know the results immediately? I'm guessing no.

Cole Martin just had a nice win against Chad Red from Nebraska.

Ben Hornickle is currently losing to Brady Berge, who I think is going to Minnesota.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
hammen
Us and Them

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 10:58:04 AM »

Huge win by Cole. Red beat Cole 13-3 at Midlands this past season.
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »

Zander Wick lost 10-0 to Alex Maranelli from Iowa.

Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »

Evan Wick beat somebody from Princeton 12-5. Was down 3-0 on a (IMO) questionable call and then just poured it on.

Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 11:30:45 AM »

Do they know the results immediately? I'm guessing no.

Cole Martin just had a nice win against Chad Red from Nebraska.

Ben Hornickle is currently losing to Brady Berge, who I think is going to Minnesota.

Berge is going to Penn State.

JHI Mafia
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 11:30:45 AM »

coconut joe
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 12:53:49 PM »

He tested positive for a stimulant. Hearing a few rumblings that it was a substance that wasn't supposed to be in a supplement he was taking - either a faulty batch or the company that made the supplements didn't fully disclose. I could see this being the case just given that JO is appealing. This happened to a few CrossFit competitors about 3 years ago. Supplement companies often put crap in their supplements that they don't list on the label, and then someone ends up testing positive without any intent.

That's the oldest defense in the book...it had to be a tainted supplement Roll Eyes

Even if this is truly the case it doesn't matter.  Athletes from college on know that they're responsible for what they put in their bodies.  Odds are it's not a tainted supplement but rather a supplement that he knowingly took without doing proper research on it. 

I'd be willing to bet he used the "my dog ate my homework" excuse a lot. 

Professional Pot Stirrer and Champion of the 1st "most negative/stupidest poster on the forum" poll
coconut joe
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »

Also, I bet he doesn't actually fight the validity of the suspension.

Professional Pot Stirrer and Champion of the 1st "most negative/stupidest poster on the forum" poll
wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »

Kinda disappointing Wick lost to Hidlay has beaten him previously. But some great results like Cole Martin.
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »

Kinda disappointing Wick lost to Hidlay has beaten him previously. But some great results like Cole Martin.

Just watched it now. Job got in the way of watching it live. Getting thrown for four early wasn't great. His length is going to give guys problems. It's also going to give him problems at times. There are times when he can't move his feet quickly enough to avoid takedowns. That said, he's gonna be pretty good. He wasn't outclassed at all in any match I've ever watched him wrestle.

heavy9278
Outside the Wall

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 11:29:10 PM »

Flo-arena is a steaming pile compared to Track
Hard to navigate and get results
These tournaments should be on Track

You're killing me Smalls!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 11:29:10 PM »

aarons23
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 04:48:27 AM »

He tested positive for a stimulant. Hearing a few rumblings that it was a substance that wasn't supposed to be in a supplement he was taking - either a faulty batch or the company that made the supplements didn't fully disclose. I could see this being the case just given that JO is appealing. This happened to a few CrossFit competitors about 3 years ago. Supplement companies often put crap in their supplements that they don't list on the label, and then someone ends up testing positive without any intent.

That's the oldest defense in the book...it had to be a tainted supplement Roll Eyes

Even if this is truly the case it doesn't matter.  Athletes from college on know that they're responsible for what they put in their bodies.  Odds are it's not a tainted supplement but rather a supplement that he knowingly took without doing proper research on it. 

I'd be willing to bet he used the "my dog ate my homework" excuse a lot. 

Hammen hit it on the head.  The rumors floating is how Hammen described.  We will see how it plays out.  I guess some of us choose to be optimistic knowing the system has its flaws...instead of being an old crusty negative Nelly. Grin

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.
getyourpoints
One of My Turns

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »

100% agree.
Now that track has been purchased by a huge network they need to step up with some cash to purchase these events. I think ratings and cash would go up with there easy to navigate system. Out side of interviews (that are also hard to find) what does Flo do better then Trac?
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2017, 10:41:12 PM »

Got called in to work, so I missed the action. I've had bad experiences with Flo, doh. Like Track.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »

Track's page is too busy. They need to clean it up IMO.

Not sure what you mean. Go to FloArena. Scroll down to World Team Trials. Click on Results.

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »

wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

Flo did a great job. They do so much more for the sport with publicity, etc. Idk how you can call it a steaming pile when they just ram WTT with no hiccups.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: