Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
November 22, 2017, 10:39:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Draw  (Read 941 times)
CoachZ
Speak to Me

« on: January 11, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »

As I sit and watch the replay of the Cheesehead Finals, and a little more than a week removed from our first trip to the Bi-State tournament. Why can't the start weight for the WIAA Finals be randomly drawn? I can't think of any reason it can't be done. I've mentioned this before on the forum in past years. My thought was that after the semi finals matches you bring in a former WI wrestling great. Bring him down on the floor, have him give a little speech and have him draw the starting weight. This might even give people incentive to stay through all the semi final matches. If these other larger tournaments can do it there's no reason it can't be done in Madison.

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
wrestleme
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:41:31 PM »

Mr. anonymous
oldfan
Outside the Wall

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:42:57 PM »

It somewhat is , Sectional A  starts the party at a random weight selection , rather than reselect every weight , the draw advances to the next weight and the next sectional advancing to the top(A) . Seeding can be crap shoot , this leads to many quarters and semi shoot outs but it's what I'm  use to after 45 years. I like winner take all, I also under stand seeding but when we were single class there was nothing better .
CoachZ
Speak to Me

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 11:43:52 PM »

It somewhat is , Sectional A  starts the party at a random weight selection , rather than reselect every weight , the draw advances to the next weight and the next sectional advancing to the top(A) . Seeding can be crap shoot , this leads to many quarters and semi shoot outs but it's what I'm  use to after 45 years. I like winner take all, I also under stand seeding but when we were single class there was nothing better .

I'm talking the individual state tournament. Drawing the start weight for the finals, rather than just starting at 106.

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Preparewrestlingcoach
Speak to Me

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:34:26 AM »

Don't mind the idea...personally wouldn't mind seeing what happened if they drew 120 or 126. It seems a lot of you forum guys are in favor of getting rid of the little guy weights. I for one would bet a pretty penny that the Kohl center would stay packed to see what are usually some of the best matches of the night unfold at 106 and 113.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:34:26 AM »

Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »

Uh.

He's talking about starting at a different weight than 106 in the tournament. Meaning not going through the order from 106 all the way to heavy.

I like the idea of a former wrestler coming down, but why not put up a fan poll online, on Twitter, etc.? Post results throughout the tournament on the big screen, and let folks vote as many times as they want.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
wrastle63
Waiting for the Worms

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »

Would love to see it as well. Or end the night with a possible 3 time state champ or 4 time state champ!
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: