Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 19, 2017, 06:32:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bi-State Classic  (Read 9408 times)
Houndhead
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »

Wow, there are some stacked weight classes. 138 has 2 state champs, a 3rd and a 4th. And that is without 2x Schoenherr. 170 has 2 state champs, a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2-5ths, a 6th, and Tyler Hannah.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:42:33 PM by Houndhead » Logged

"Ok, I admit, it was just a guess....but could be true..."-Maggie
"E i ate your cars engine up gas?"-Maggie
Hand Control
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »

170 is hands down the deepest and toughest bracket this year. Who ever wins this bracket earns OW. Although 160 has a lot of talent as well.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:10:10 PM by Hand Control » Logged
Houndhead
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2016, 09:43:17 PM »

Wow, there are some stacked weight classes. 138 has 2 state champs, a 3rd and a 4th. And that is without 2x Schoenherr. 160 has 2 state champs, a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2-5ths, a 6th, and Tyler Hannah.

Tyler Hannah is listed at 170

Yep, I meant 170 but typed 160.

"Ok, I admit, it was just a guess....but could be true..."-Maggie
"E i ate your cars engine up gas?"-Maggie
thequad
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2016, 04:01:05 PM »

when are the seeds going to be posted?

I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.
NWIS
Outside the Wall

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »

They are "computer seeded" now. I'm not sure if they will use head to head or not. I see 4 cases where that can affect the order.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »

FinalWord
One of My Turns

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »

They are "computer seeded" now. I'm not sure if they will use head to head or not. I see 4 cases where that can affect the order.

I haven't found 4 but there is one weight I hope they use head to head.

" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."
Coach Lu
Speak to Me

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »

Head to head is not put into trackwrestling because it's a lot of work for 60 coaches click through all the wrestlers and find everyone they have beaten or been beaten by.  It is also difficult to cross reference these entries for accuracy.  In most cases, the data even after entered, rarely affects the field because we have 9 seeding categories.  Head to head is relevant when both wrestlers fall into the same seeding category or land next to one another in the auto seeds.  This happens maybe 4 times total in all weight classes if that on any given tournament.  Each coach has a 15 min window to talk to one of the seeding officials to express their thoughts of the auto seeds.  During this time, the coach should be bringing up any head to head victories that they think should be considered.  At this time, those head to head wins can be verified before the official seeding meeting.  All information discussed during the 15 min time is considered in the official seeding meeting but sometimes head to head victories are difficult to honor because there are wrestlers between them in the auto seeds.  Making that jump is not always justified especially when wrestlers are trying to jump categories.  We will see how everything plays out, but hopefully all head coaches bring up relevant wins during their 15 min call-in time with a seeding official.  There is a ton of talent in this tournament, and anyone who is going to win the Bi-state is going to have beat several quality opponents.  It should be exciting!

FinalWord
One of My Turns

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 09:42:50 AM »

Are records going to be updated to show current won/loss? Almost all of LC wrestlers received 2 losses at Dvorak.

" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."
NWIS
Outside the Wall

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 09:55:05 AM »

Are records going to be updated to show current won/loss? Almost all of LC wrestlers received 2 losses at Dvorak.
Some got 4-5 wins also!!
shouldvewrestled
Outside the Wall

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 10:42:12 AM »

Some got 4-5 wins also!!
But when winning percentage is a high seeding criteria value, the losses often count more than those 2-5 wins. Also nice to not have to put your hardest tournament record into your seeding info.  In the end you have to beat everyone in front of you, but those seeds can play big factor in team race.
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 10:42:12 AM »

Coach Lu
Speak to Me

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »

Coaches should be updating records.  I have been updating records as coaches get them to us.  At the seeding call-ins where coaches talk to the seeding officials, they are asked if all records are up to date.  If records need updating, they do get updated into the system so autoseeds are corrected before the final seeding meeting.  Hope this helps!
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »

Some got 4-5 wins also!!
But when winning percentage is a high seeding criteria value, the losses often count more than those 2-5 wins. Also nice to not have to put your hardest tournament record into your seeding info.  In the end you have to beat everyone in front of you, but those seeds can play big factor in team race.

Good point. Still it's the price you pay to go to the big tourneys. Cheese, Clash, Dvorak might ding you a bit at a Bi State venue; but pay off near state time.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
shouldvewrestled
Outside the Wall

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2016, 01:07:33 PM »

Some got 4-5 wins also!!

Good point. Still it's the price you pay to go to the big tourneys. Cheese, Clash, Dvorak might ding you a bit at a Bi State venue; but pay off near state time.
For sure BigG, the end result come tourny time is the big picture. Getting quality matches is always the point of tournaments like Bi-State but doesn't mean we can't try to get these tournaments seeded right too. Which CoachLu has now stated they are doing.
The Last Ride
Brain Damage

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »

Stratford and Ellsworth having a great tournament at Bi-State.  Shocked Clearly the top 2 teams in their Divisions.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2016, 04:47:19 PM »

BigMac
Speak to Me

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:40 PM »

Any update on Jermey from Stratford?  I don't see him on the preseed list.

I believe he is injuried

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: