We are extremely pleased to announce the 6th Annual Portage Kick Off Classic.
We have been averaging 30+ % State Qualifiers over the past three years. Come to Portage and get 4 quality matches in a well run tournament with no breaks.
We pride our self on brackets with comparable talent using a very specific separation criteria to get wrestlers the best 4 matches they can with similarly talented wrestlers (Regardless if the wrestler is a beginner or elite). We take 10+ hours to bracket this tournament in an attempt to get the wrestlers in extremely tight brackets.
K-8th Grade 5 Man Round Robin Brackets
Sunday, December 11th
Portage High School • 301 East Collins St.
• State Bracketing
• 2002-2003,2004-2005, 2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2010-2011 (No High School Aged wrestlers)
• 3 periods - 60 seconds in length
• 3 person MAX mat side with each competitor
• Customized pins for a pin
• Plaque 1st place
• Medals 2nd - 5th (2006-2011), 2nd - 3rd (2002-2005)
• Team trophies 1st - 3rd place
• Will try to make a 6 man bracket before 4 man
• Bracket Separation Criteria: State Placer, State Qualifier, Usually takes 1st/2nd, Usually takes 2nd/3rd, Usually takes 3rd/4th, Beginner (first year wrestler) We close registration on Friday or at capacity to take the time to assure we get comparable talent in the brackets together.
Entry fee: $17 per wrestler/$10 per team
Preregister only at www.trackwrestling.com
This Event has SOLD OUT IN THE PAST
Registration will close no later than Friday Dec. 9th @ 3pm
Brackets post Sunday @ 8:00 am on www.trackwrestling.com
. This tournament is pre-bracketed.
Check in 6:45-8:15 a.m. skin/nail checks. Honor weight system with random weight checks
Wrestling starts at 9:00 am or sooner (Last year we started at 8:50)
Wrestling straight through day with NO BREAK to get everyone to 3:15 pm Packer Game (Last year awards were done by 1:30)
USA card required & will be available for
$40 on day of tournament (birth certificate)
Spectator Fee: $2.00/12 and under free
Concessions/Raffle available ALL day
For information please contact our tournament directors
Mitch Beckett (608)617-4092
Chris Arnold (608)566-9211
Kyle Williams (608) 697- 8131
If you have questions email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org