Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
August 23, 2017, 04:29:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Construction  (Read 1158 times)
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« on: August 01, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »

Just a reminder to those out there driving around. In this area we have 2 seasons,,,,,,,,road construction and wrestling!!!!!!! Well at least in my book.

I know it is tough, your running late or those pesky detours arent well signed but please when your in construction zones, slow down, put the phone down and proceed with a defensive driving mind set.

Remember those road guys dont drive there rigs though your office space at 70 MPH!

Thanks for reading, take care and have a safe rest of your hopefully outstanding summer.

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »

They're putting a roundabout in Cashton. Gonna be some belly achin'.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »

round a bouts suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

night mare to put in and they never make it big enough for trucks to get around.

people still stop in these things because of confusion and has anyone checked out the lane markings and signs?

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »

As cutesy as they may be, I always wondered what they're like to put in. Look like a pain. Our are so small in the US. Supposedly safer and better on gas. We have one going up on the outskirts of Cashton. Huge farm machines and that. Can't wait to see how that works.

maggie
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:35:32 PM »

LOL..i love them roundabouts...it's like racing!...go into them fast as heck and slid around the wheel... Smiley

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
 "" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
 "" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:35:32 PM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

People griped like teenagers about th one in Cashton; until it opened and makes things pretty smooth in a previously painful intersection.

MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »

yeah we have one in Waupaca on the outskirts. Really cute.  I think it is more of a conversation piece, a status symbol. 

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »

I also get the pleasure of driving through 2 of them that were just finished up in Novemeber. They actually make sense as to how they were put in and gets traffic flowing pretty good.

It still is to small for most trucks to get through them but those who design them have probably never been in a tractor/trailor set up. Probably never driven anything bigger than their Honda!

MarkK
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »

then there are three in a row off the new 41 exits near oshkosh

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin
bigoil
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »

Exit lineville in GB and go to Bay Port. There are 7 in a two mile stretch, 8 if you get gas just to the right of the exit.

You can hit 4 on many of the Oshkosh streets (9th for example)someone I work with thinks they should have a local auto body sponsor the roundabouts. They prevent deadly crashes but they do cause several fender benders. For goodness sake if you are in a double roundabout with very few exceptions you can not go left.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »

round-abouts,,,,,,gosh they suck to install and I would venture to guess that most are not even installed right.

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »

I go through 4 to get to the office off Hyw 41. I like them the traffic keeps moving they can be confusing to folks but after they learn to look at the signs and follow them it goes much smoother. I love going around them in my Polaris Slingshot that is a blast !!!!!!!!
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »

I bet those are fun in the Slingshot. The one in Cashton is pretty popular; save for the elders who don't quite get it yet. They stop at the yield and wait for everyone to clear out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: