Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
January 18, 2017, 03:09:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTH  (Read 3080 times)
Paul Harvey
Wish You Were Here

WTH
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:09:13 PM »

For the most part the DCE Sectional event was run very well with the exception of some hiccups with the score clocks. The wrestling was as great as we have come to expect in Section A. The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat and all of the emotions that go along with this.

I mention the following criticism in an attempt to eliminate this from happening in future sectional events. With the 195lb wrestle back match in progress and the 285 match still to come the DCE crew started breaking down and rolling up the other mat. IMO this was very disrespectful to the competitors involved and an annoyance to the fans that were still watching the event.

I realize that it’s a thankless job,  a long day and everyone wants to get home but I believe this was very bad form by the DCE hosts. If you apply to host the sectional it should be understood that the breakdown should not happen until the competition is over. I am not sure if the WIAA has a rule for this and I am certainly not in favor of more rules but it should be common sense that this action is a distraction.

Please keep this in mind for future events.

Thank you for your efforts yesterday!

And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!
imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 10:18:43 PM »

Paul, I agree that this would appear to be disrespectful, although I expect that it was not intended that way.  I think it's good to remind people how this might appear to wrestlers and fans, though.  Any of us can get so caught up in our tasks that we sometimes lose sight of things like this.  Thanks for bringing things back into focus for anyone running a tournament in the future, whether it's a high school or kids event.

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: