Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
June 23, 2017, 03:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fader takes step to sue UW-Whitewater officials  (Read 14872 times)
OneEyedFatMan
One of My Turns

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 02:35:32 PM »

I was thinking that the new coach @ UWW was doing a pretty fair job and seems to care about the boys. That's big in my book.

He's a former Hawk-eye, and not afraid to work em.

And success...In 2015-16, the Warhawks garnered their second consecutive Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference championship under Shuck and fifth straight overall. UW-Whitewater tied for third at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championship and sent four national qualifiers to the NCAA Championship, including junior Zac Denny (125 pounds), who earned All-America accolades with a fourth-place finish.

What more do you want from the coaching staff?

This is a huge mess!  The AD needs to take the fall for this as she is the only one left now with responsibility!  I hate that UWW has to be drug through the mud, but honestly they deserve it and only with Amy Edmondson's dismissal will this be put to bed once and for all! 

I couldn't agree more.  And so far I am not a huge fan of the new coaching regime either. 

"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"
Spartan
Outside the Wall

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 08:44:53 AM »

I was thinking that the new coach @ UWW was doing a pretty fair job and seems to care about the boys. That's big in my book.

And success...In 2015-16, the Warhawks garnered their second consecutive Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference championship under Shuck and fifth straight overall. UW-Whitewater tied for third at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championship and sent four national qualifiers to the NCAA Championship, including junior Zac Denny (125 pounds), who earned All-America accolades with a fourth-place finish.

This is a huge mess!  The AD needs to take the fall for this as she is the only one left now with responsibility!  I hate that UWW has to be drug through the mud, but honestly they deserve it and only with Amy Edmondson's dismissal will this be put to bed once and for all!  

I couldn't agree more.  And so far I am not a huge fan of the new coaching regime either.  

You asked how it hurt Fader because he is now the head coach at Eau Claire, Well to start with his current job is not a full time position, so he has lost out on three years of salary that would have put him in the $70,000 range per year, as stated in one of the articles. As for the current situation, I have nothing against Ned, but his current accolades have been achieved with Fader's recruits. It will be interesting for him going forward.  
OneEyedFatMan
One of My Turns

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »

This is a huge mess!  The AD needs to take the fall for this as she is the only one left now with responsibility!  I hate that UWW has to be drug through the mud, but honestly they deserve it and only with Amy Edmondson's dismissal will this be put to bed once and for all!  

I couldn't agree more.  And so far I am not a huge fan of the new coaching regime either.  

You asked how it hurt Fader because he is now the head coach at Eau Claire, Well to start with his current job is not a full time position, so he has lost out on three years of salary that would have put him in the $70,000 range per year, as stated in one of the articles. As for the current situation, I have nothing against Ned, but his current accolades have been achieved with Fader's recruits. It will be interesting for him going forward.  

Fader will come out ahead financially in the long run, lawyers generally see to that....and has achieved good will and notoriety with the high school coaches in Wisconsin that he may not have had this unfortunate b.s. not happened. Silver lining, right? I'm hoping the best for Tim. Grin

Shuck is doing great with Fader's and his own recruits. One of my wrestlers was a Shuck recruit, and wouldn't trade his place in the program for anything.

"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"
npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 06:13:32 AM »

This article suggests that the demotion of the AD at UW-W has some possible ties to the Fader debacle. If so, nice to see some karma come around.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/UW-Whitewater-athletic-director-demoted/42042232

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope
1Iota
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »

Despite the Universities protest otherwise, I can assure you that demotion of the UW-W Athletic Director was related to the Fader incident.  There is a growing movement in the college community to address sexaul assault on college campuses across the Country.  The combination of a congressional hearing, the documentary "The Hunting Ground", & growing advocate groups have put College administrators under a microscope.  Some are facing multi million dollar lawsuits.  One of the big attacks is that they try to sweep the incidents under the rug & keep them from becoming a legal issue.  In this case, Fader did exactly what the advocates would suggest, he went straight to the Police as rape is not a university rules issue, but a crime.  There is no way the University can justify taking punitive action against coach Fader for his actions & they are now facing the backlash for their actions. 
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »

stbird
One of My Turns

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 08:49:36 AM »

This is great news and definitely a step in the right direction!

This article suggests that the demotion of the AD at UW-W has some possible ties to the Fader debacle. If so, nice to see some karma come around.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/UW-Whitewater-athletic-director-demoted/42042232
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: