Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
June 28, 2017, 12:26:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fader takes step to sue UW-Whitewater officials  (Read 14949 times)
npope
Brain Damage

« on: July 01, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »

Fader to sue UWW for his dismissal

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Former-coach-takes-step-to-sue-UW-Whitewater-officials/33928808

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope
Brett Favre
Outside the Wall

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »

I hope Fader wins and gets a few million. The administration at UWW are beyond crooked. Of course they all retired now
npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:39:18 PM »

Although no one has said anything, I always thought that there was more to this story than is public knowledge. It would seem readily apparent that Fader's actions weren't a fireable offense - yet they fire the coach of the year. Inexplicable.

If Fader was canned for no good reason then I hope he gets his million bucks. But again, I have to think there is more to the story than merely a myopic and misinformed UWW administration. I don't think he necessarily did anything wrong - but I do suspect that he rubbed the admin the wrong way for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:35:48 PM by npope » Logged

Nat Pope
aarons23
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:26:51 PM »

Although no one has said anything, I always thought that there was more to this story than is public knowledge. It would seem readily apparent that Fader's actions weren't a fireable offense - yet they fire the coach of the year. Inexplicable.

If Fader was canned for no good reason then I hope he gets his million bucks. But again, I have to think there is more to the story than merely a myopic and misinformed UWW administration. I don't think he necessarily did anything wrong - but I do suspect that he rubbed the admin the worng way for some reason.

UWW was under investigation for other improper reporting of sexual assault by other sports. UWW used Tim as a scape goat to try to make it look like they were tough on these assaults....nothing more, nothing less.  

I also do not think Fader is  looking for millions, just his name cleared and his reputation restored so he can again get a coaching job.  
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:41:26 PM by aarons23 » Logged

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.
Wisconsin Wrestling Fan
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »

I agree with Aaron.  UW-Whitewater had just won the NCAA Championship in Football, Basketball, and Baseball all in the same year, which I believe was unprecedented. 

The NCAA seems to target the best schools and UW-Whitewater was probably looking for a "Fall" Guy when the heat was applied.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »

Dale Einerson
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »

I agree with Aaron.  UW-Whitewater had just won the NCAA Championship in Football, Basketball, and Baseball all in the same year, which I believe was unprecedented. 

The NCAA seems to target the best schools and UW-Whitewater was probably looking for a "Fall" Guy when the heat was applied.

Well there is that, and then when the schools don't target the best for their administration and the occupants of the office engage in group think and test their hypothesis about which way looks less bad in the press...

Fader will settle out of court with the UWW, for a lot, which will be paid for by the liability insurance, as well as Directors and Officers (D & O) insurance, which will lead to an increase in premiums, but, be out of the press.  Which, will not serve Coach Fader's medium and long term interest as without the "days in court," his desire to see career relief and a clearing of his name realized, as unachievable.  Which, will increase the payout by the University...
npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »

Fader will settle out of court with the UWW, for a lot, which will be paid for by the liability insurance, as well as Directors and Officers (D & O) insurance, which will lead to an increase in premiums, but, be out of the press.  Which, will not serve Coach Fader's medium and long term interest as without the "days in court," his desire to see career relief and a clearing of his name realized, as unachievable.  Which, will increase the payout by the University...

I think that about sums it up - the issues will be buried in a settlement agreement. I hope Fader gets his pound of flesh because this mess has ruined his career.

Nat Pope
ckwrestler
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »

recent article:  Fader files suit against UW-Whitewater   http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16715
OneEyedFatMan
One of My Turns

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »

I think that about sums it up - the issues will be buried in a settlement agreement. I hope Fader gets his pound of flesh because this mess has ruined his career.

Not sure how this has ruined his career- he is the head coach at UW- Eau Claire last I saw.
That being said,,,,,I'm sure it sucked.

"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"
npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »

Not sure how this has ruined his career- he is the head coach at UW- Eau Claire last I saw.
That being said,,,,,I'm sure it sucked.

That's true - but he got the UW-EC job after that was posted...and during the time when he couldn't get hired by anyone else. He's lucky he got a shot at EC - hope he builds a dynasty.

Nat Pope
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »

bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »

Very good point. He's a builder, though. Look out for EC. The school itself has really gained in popularity. I go there to visit once or twice per year; and it's just great. Hope he kicks tail. So, I don't think it might have been his last option; but a great place to start a dynasty. Seemed to do just that La Crosse and UWWH2O.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 12:31:00 AM »

Tim Fader on ESPN Outside the Lines

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17397480

That's why they wrestle the matches
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
I was in the best shape of my life once.
The thing to remember when traveling is that the trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you will miss all you are traveling for. - Louis L'amour
npope
Brain Damage

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 05:34:58 AM »

Tim Fader on ESPN Outside the Lines

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17397480

Nice to hear some firsthand commentary.

Nat Pope
stbird
One of My Turns

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »

This is a huge mess!  The AD needs to take the fall for this as she is the only one left now with responsibility!  I hate that UWW has to be drug through the mud, but honestly they deserve it and only with Amy Edmondson's dismissal will this be put to bed once and for all! 
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »

bkraus
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 11:22:54 AM »

This is a huge mess!  The AD needs to take the fall for this as she is the only one left now with responsibility!  I hate that UWW has to be drug through the mud, but honestly they deserve it and only with Amy Edmondson's dismissal will this be put to bed once and for all! 

I couldn't agree more.  And so far I am not a huge fan of the new coaching regime either. 

Strive for Perfection

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: