Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 19, 2017, 10:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barry Davis & Connor Medbery Interviews - Coach Davis As Candid As Ever..... BSW  (Read 5926 times)
SSparks
Another Brick in the Wall

« on: January 24, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »

Presented By The Wisconsin Army National Guard This Is BadgerStateWrestling.com

Coach Davis Talks About The Badger Loss To Michigan.  Very Candid And Honest.  Connor Medbery On Another Huge Win In The Big 10. 

http://badgerstatewrestling.com/index.php?option=com_wrestlingroom&view=wrestlingroom&Itemid=9

Always remember to buckle up..........

jchap
Speak to Me

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »

It seems like Davis has a plan and a mentality that he is having trouble getting all the wrestlers to implement.  Taylor, Jordan, and Medberry are "buying in" and having success.  Medberry's interview seems to confirm his buy in.  Davis needs to figure out how to get every wrestler on his page.  At some point, he may need to sit a more talented wrestler in favor of a more aggressive wrestler who is willing to compete the entire match.
jaguarwrestler
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:29:43 PM »

It seems like Davis has a plan and a mentality that he is having trouble getting all the wrestlers to implement.  Taylor, Jordan, and Medberry are "buying in" and having success.  Medberry's interview seems to confirm his buy in.  Davis needs to figure out how to get every wrestler on his page.  At some point, he may need to sit a more talented wrestler in favor of a more aggressive wrestler who is willing to compete the entire match.

I think others compete, they just are not as aggressive as they need to be. I think Lubeck and McCall and right there but they need to open it up on a regular basis.

I am not in danger, I AM the danger!
jchap
Speak to Me

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »

I think others compete, they just are not as aggressive as they need to be. I think Lubeck and McCall and right there but they need to open it up on a regular basis.
Yeah, I was using the term "compete" in the context of Davis referring to it in his interview. 
Harris
One of My Turns

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:27:51 PM »

Barry was fired up!
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:27:51 PM »

Brett Favre
Outside the Wall

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 12:05:27 AM »

Barry, please retire
hammen
Us and Them

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »

Brett, please stay retired.
Brett Favre
Outside the Wall

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »

Drew, Please wake up and see the light.
Wisconsin Wrestling Fan
Breathe

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 11:29:50 AM »

Barry was so worked up I thought he going to start demonstrating moves on Shane.  That would have been a new style of interview !!  

Hearing the Michigan Fight Song in the background during Connor's interview was a bit much, but you couldn't do anything about it !! :-)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:47:33 PM by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan » Logged
hammen
Us and Them

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:06 AM »

I'm wide awake Brett, and the light is shining bright. Go Badgers!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:06 AM »

jaguarwrestler
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »

Barry was so worked up I thought he going to start demonstrating moves on Shane.  

you could tell he was holding back... it was funny... I think he touched Shane at least 5 times.

Barou
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »

Wouldn't you say the light is shining the same? A 6-8th place finish at the big 10s and a 14th-18th finish at the ncaas?

JHI Mafia
hammen
Us and Them

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 05:56:54 PM »

Wouldn't you say the light is shining the same? A 6-8th place finish at the big 10s and a 14th-18th finish at the ncaas?

Just because the light is shining the same doesn't mean it isn't bright. Good one though - I enjoy your value added comments Barou. I think I had my full of pessimistic attitude for the month.
sudden_victory
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 09:18:37 PM »

Something I have been curious about is how much teaching of technique does the head coach do as opposed to the assistants. Has it changed as Coach Davis has gotten older?

Life is a bowl of cherries.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 09:18:37 PM »

jaguarwrestler
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 08:12:33 AM »

Just because the light is shining the same doesn't mean it isn't bright. Good one though - I enjoy your value added comments Barou. I think I had my full of pessimistic attitude for the month.

the wait until next year for the last 4 years kind of lead to this year as being the year we where waiting for and it looks like another 6th or higher in B1G, so you call it pessimism, we call it finishing below expectations... or the year we finally waited for produced the same results. You support the team no matter what, even if they never climb any higher in the conference.... we get it, the rest of us would like to see better results or hold someone accountable for the results. Iowa, Illinois, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Minnesota and maybe one other if we don't show up will all finish ahead of us at the B1G at this point. I guess that is good with you?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: