Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
February 19, 2017, 08:42:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Jones tested positive for cocaine , checks himself into rehab  (Read 2375 times)
imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »

"...failed a drug test prior to this past weekend’s UFC 182 event due to cocaine metabolites..."

Not making excuses for him, but just wondering if any other drug could bring such test results.  Anyone have more knowledge about this possibility? 

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!
Dale Einerson
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »

Cocaine tends to stay in the body for 2-3 days...so, a whole lot of conjecture in my opinion.  (How do I know this?  Pre-employment and random testing results in the real world)

I don't know, I could be convinced otherwise, that I would call cocaine a performance enhancing drug.  Just thinking out loud, wouldn't it increase heart rate, which could lead to fatigue, even if the feeling of euphoria or energy is present in the brain the body could tire?  Wouldn't it also lead to potentially increased blood loss in the event of a cut?  Couldn't a feeling of superiority and power be as much of a negative in competition as a potential positive?

I guess it is safe to say "I am not there" with regards to cocaine being a performance enhancing drug.  I would conjecture myself that Jones parties with cocaine and he got caught...

If the guy is okay with rehab and can stay off the stuff, then, good for him.

2-3 days is correct.

Enhances the mental ability to deal with the grueling effects of training camp.
helps with weight cut

consider this the tests from the week right before the fight not have not been released so in the interest of conversation if he used right before the fight potentially he could take more abuse without the normal effects.

I see you point on training, but, overall cocaine is bad for the nasal passenges, lungs if smoked, heart and kidneys...

I conjecture, admitted, that he was partying and got caught.  He failed for a test on the 3rd of December and the results became available 3 weeks later...

Also, affects of cocaine last 30 minutes to 2 hours.  Would have to be using within a fairly close time to when he hits the octagon; and while possible, just doesn't seem too likely.  And, if it helps someone to "not feel" punches or kicks or locks, I think it also has the high risk of providing a feeling of euphoria or superiority that could be downright costly considering the other guy is a professional too.
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »

Cormier got screwed Jones was stupid. Dana White has an issue he will need to deal with.

I think there is more to this lets see what comes out next but I stick to what I think interim Champ till Jones comes back then he has to win th belt back and be clean when he does.
bkraus
Another Brick in the Wall

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »

Why interim champ?  He should vacate his title if he can not make his next defense.  Then after he gets clean he can fight for it again. 

Strive for Perfection
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »

Why interim champ?  He should vacate his title if he can not make his next defense.  Then after he gets clean he can fight for it again. 

Yea I think that would be a good course of action as well.

Well DANA?
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »

Cormier was interviewed and took the high road on this topic and I have to say listening to him made me really feel allot of respect for the guy.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/daniel-cormier-on-champ-jon-jones-failed-drug-test-its-more-sad-than-anything

great job DC

Here is Milwaukee's own Anthony Pettis perspective in the Jones thing:

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/anthony-pettis-temptation-definitely-there-but-youve-got-to-be-strong-willed
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:21:54 PM by ramjet » Logged
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 10:23:16 PM »

The test was a month before the fight and the test results were released a week or so in front of the fight.

I seriously doubt that the use of coke was going to help him during the fight unless like I said, if he was banging out some lines in between rounds.

Now coke needs fat to help out with the "high" Jones doesnt have much fat on that body so I doubt that he had any lingering "high" in his system for the fight.

Now if you take a very lean athletic guy, coke may only stay in the system for less than 12 hours. People that are very over weight may still have some levels in their system for up to a week because of the coke latching on to the fat cells in the body.

Muscular people coke may stay in the system less also because the muscles may burn it off quicker though from what I have read varies form people to people.

Now if your walking on the coke with some other products (cutting it up) you may get chemicals to attach to your fat cells or other cells in a much different way. Baby Laxitive is popular mix. White powder and will stretch out the amount of coke you have so the dealer can make some extra coin.

Personally I dont think coke is going to help anyone in a physical sport like MMA unless they are railing it up inbetween rounds which I havent heard anything about that. Do I condone what Jones did as right,,,,no,,,but I couldnt find anywhere that coke was a performance enhancing drug but it is illegal in all sports.

It would be like saying that some of the Beatle number one songs should not be number one because they were using some sort of illegal drugs.

Until the MMA does testing the day of, day before it is a moot point and not much we can do about it unless someone has a direct line to Dana White.

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:29 AM »

The test was a month before the fight and the test results were released a week or so in front of the fight.

I seriously doubt that the use of coke was going to help him during the fight unless like I said, if he was banging out some lines in between rounds.

Now coke needs fat to help out with the "high" Jones doesnt have much fat on that body so I doubt that he had any lingering "high" in his system for the fight.

Now if you take a very lean athletic guy, coke may only stay in the system for less than 12 hours. People that are very over weight may still have some levels in their system for up to a week because of the coke latching on to the fat cells in the body.

Muscular people coke may stay in the system less also because the muscles may burn it off quicker though from what I have read varies form people to people.

Now if your walking on the coke with some other products (cutting it up) you may get chemicals to attach to your fat cells or other cells in a much different way. Baby Laxitive is popular mix. White powder and will stretch out the amount of coke you have so the dealer can make some extra coin.

Personally I dont think coke is going to help anyone in a physical sport like MMA unless they are railing it up inbetween rounds which I havent heard anything about that. Do I condone what Jones did as right,,,,no,,,but I couldnt find anywhere that coke was a performance enhancing drug but it is illegal in all sports.

It would be like saying that some of the Beatle number one songs should not be number one because they were using some sort of illegal drugs.

Until the MMA does testing the day of, day before it is a moot point and not much we can do about it unless someone has a direct line to Dana White.

So using it to enhance training and or weight cut is not an issue in you're mind let's also not forget ITS AN ILLEGAL DRUG.

Dana knew about the test results.

Other tests closer to the fight were not released yet.
littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 11:20:46 AM »

ram,,,,please read my post before you start accusing me of condoning it. I clearly stated that I do NOT condone it so before you start going on and on about whatever, read the post again.

Personally I do NOT think cocaine enhances any part of training for a extended period of time. If used during a short training session or in between rounds I can see that maybe the numbing effect would help out for a short time but for any extented period of time, really?

cocaince to lose weight

Bam Bam Bigelow, wow he was a cut 400 pounder
Farley
Bulishi
Elvis was a trim guy when he was deep into drugs

Like I said before, cocaine effects people in many different ways, weight, athletic, sediment lifestyle and on and on.

MMA and the UFC have some different rules, heck HGH was just banned this year from MMA. Out of the states hormone treatment is now being looked into just like the NFL and other major sports.

I believe cocaine is a lifestyle choice of Jones, maybe he is a raging drug addict but I just have a difficult time saying that if he was a ragging drug addict he would be able to continue to perform and such a high level and what does that make Cormier feel that he just lost to a guy on drugs.

Wow, maybe the day no to drug compaign should relook into their stance then Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »

Stop being sensitive nowhere in my post did I post you condoned it......

By the way those some really poor examples of elite athletes plus they had more in thier systems than cocaine...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:52:43 PM by ramjet » Logged
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »

ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »

why do people do cocaine?
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »

Cocaine is a powerfully addictive stimulant drug made from the leaves of the coca plant native to South America. It produces short-term euphoria, energy, and talkativeness in addition to potentially dangerous physical effects like raising heart rate and blood pressure.

Nuff said
bigG
Comfortably Numb

Woof!

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 10:06:34 PM »

If you go to the source (Andes) you'll see people who have been chewing the leaves their whole lives with little issue. Whenever people refine and concentrate drugs, heroine, cocaine, we get problems. Cocaine is white because of the hydrochloric acid used to get that concentrate.

I'm pretty happy without it.

Why do they drink alcohol or use tobacco? Effect.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
ramjet
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 10:47:46 PM »

If you go to the source (Andes) you'll see people who have been chewing the leaves their whole lives with little issue. Whenever people refine and concentrate drugs, heroine, cocaine, we get problems. Cocaine is white because of the hydrochloric acid used to get that concentrate.

I'm pretty happy without it.

Why do they drink alcohol or use tobacco? Effect.

Exactly different but the same......

So G I am trying to understand what you are trying say here? If I take it as I read it seems you are rather glib about the issue? I have to believe that I am misinterpreting what you are saying?

There is more to this story in the form of a cover up and of course the double standard of punishing fighter who tested positive for Mary Jane and yet they allowed Jones to compete never mind that he may or possible in the worse case cou,d have had heart attack or some other issue.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 10:47:46 PM »

littleguy301
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 11:03:55 PM »

Stop being sensitive nowhere in my post did I post you condoned it......

By the way those some really poor examples of elite athletes plus they had more in thier systems than cocaine...

so using it to enhance training and or weight cut is not an issues in you're mind lets not also forget that ITS AN ILLEGAL DRUG.

sure sounds like it with an assuming post and you have a track record of of doing so.

poor examples

The only thing found in Bam Bam blood was cocaiine. Same with Curt Henning.

Look what happened to Diego Maradono and his massive weight gain after to much coke. He didnt die but how do you gain that kind of weight if coke is a weight cutter?

Len Bias, Bruce Lee, Don Rogers and Dean Meminger all were top notch athletes that dies of cocaine over dose. Finally tuned athletes and look what cocaine did to them in their prime.

Look at all the athletes that threw their careers away for coke. I doubt I would think of it as performance enhancing drugs.

Lawerence Taylor is one of the few players I have heard of that was able to preform while on crack or coke. I wonder how good he would have been if he didnt dabble at all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: