Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
April 24, 2017, 11:43:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indicative  (Read 2900 times)
CLC FAN
Breathe

« on: November 22, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »

I find the lack of posts here dreadfully appropriate
CLC FAN
Breathe

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »

Does any team or coach make a big push right after hunting season? 
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »

We are starting from the bottom up in regards to recruiting. Because I don't work in the school, I need another method other than walking the halls.

We are revamping our kids club to make it what I want. I am not a huge proponent of kids tournaments and the Hades that those entail. However, I feel like the club wasn't turning out wrestlers at all. It was an activity that really didn't end up producing kids who stuck with the program. So we are going to split up the kids club into very small kids and older kids, something I am guessing that other teams already do.

We are also going to do a better job of promoting the program at the middle school. We've now got continuity with our middle school program, as one of my assistants at the high school is the middle school coach. Our group of freshman would be the first class to have him as their middle school coach, and I'd say that this group is the best group in regards to basics since I started.

I have also talked to our current kids about how we are one kid away. We've taken second in the regional many times over. Last year our senior leader went out and I think we'd have won it. This year we need a heavy. Just having a body will be enough. We've got a kid, but we need an athlete. They are working on it.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
imnofish
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »

At the middle school level, I used to have great recruiting success when they allowed me to have a 15 minute chat (sales pitch) with all the boys at the school.  This was done at lunch or in the gym, during my prep period.  I would sign kids up right there and pass out all the important info.  Our numbers were huge during those years.  Then, administration and schedules changed, making it harder to meet in such large groups.  That's when the team leaders had to really do their job and bring prospects to me.  Meeting with team leaders and designing strategies to get those kids prior to the season was really critical.

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: