Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
April 24, 2017, 11:47:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trackwrestling Rank Value?  (Read 7863 times)
nutman
Speak to Me

« on: December 19, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »

I have always been curious about the algorithm for rank value...such as top 7% on a profile.  I know it must consider an average of wins vs. losses., state tournament finishes, national tournaments, etc...but as I look at different wrestlers' profiles, I have a hard time figuring out how it is mathematically determined.      I'm not necessarily concerned about being able to manually calculate it myself, but it would be fun to know how it works for a conversation piece.

Thanks for anyone who can provide this information. 

Good Luck Everybody in your Holiday Tourneys!
Hand Control
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »

I have always been curious about the algorithm for rank value...such as top 7% on a profile.  I know it must consider an average of wins vs. losses., state tournament finishes, national tournaments, etc...but as I look at different wrestlers' profiles, I have a hard time figuring out how it is mathematically determined.      I'm not necessarily concerned about being able to manually calculate it myself, but it would be fun to know how it works for a conversation piece.

Thanks for anyone who can provide this information. 

Good Luck Everybody in your Holiday Tourneys!
Good luck with your quest on this question.lol
Kjohnson
Breathe

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »

Wiwrestling ranked almost 700 wrestlers. If you are one of the wrestlers,  congratulations.  I don’t think anyone needs to be concerned if you are ranked  4 or 8 or HM. The main issue is, you are being recognized as one of the best wrestlers in the state. If you aren’t ranked and think you should, hopefully you are in a tournament that you can prove yourself. I know I would not want to be in charge of the rankings.
ElectricGuy
Breathe

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:03:32 PM »

I think he is asking a question about track wrestling ranking, actual good question

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.
padre
Brain Damage

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:17:32 AM »

I honestly have no idea and pay little attention to it...however, I do know placing at a national tournament is usually what brings it waaaaay down.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:17:32 AM »

handsandtoes
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »

I have tried asking that question on here before, and have never gotten an answer. Don't really care what it is but like you was just curious. I have many track questions, like today I looked on my sons profile and it says has 3 wins and 2 loses with no significant wins? He must have 300 to 400 track matches in his life time multiple state and national titles and a 3 & 2 record. inappropriate term. I was told once it starts over ever year but that is not true for everyone some kids have 5 pages. Once again "don't care" doesn't mean a thing I know but just like Nutman just curious.
Houndhead
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »

An email to Trackwrestling would be your best bet for an explanation.

"Ok, I admit, it was just a guess....but could be true..."-Maggie
"E i ate your cars engine up gas?"-Maggie
handsandtoes
Wish You Were Here

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »

I have tried to email track wrestling as well with no answer. I do know the % can be (as is by many) manipulated. You can go in the profile and remove tournaments or matches if you want. So a lot of people take off the bad ones so the winning % gets better. If you watch your or your son/daughter's profile you will see "significant wins" disappear from time to time, and from what I have been told that means the person you beat removed that from there profile.
padre
Brain Damage

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »

It seems to get reset every so often as far as significant wins, etc.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: