Wisconsin Wrestling Online Wisconsin Wrestling Home Page
December 17, 2017, 08:18:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Askren still waiting for call from UFC  (Read 4943 times)
TomM
Administrator
Comfortably Numb

« on: October 11, 2013, 07:58:15 AM »

Ben Askren still waiting for call from UFC
http://espn.go.com/blog/MMA/post/_/id/19506/askren-still-waiting-on-the-ufc

Exchanging forfeits just is not that exciting.
"That's why they wrestle the matches"
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
bkraus
Us and Them

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »

My understanding is that Bellator will only let him go scot free is if Ben get a title shot in his first fight.  I'm not sure if UFC would do that right away.  Although I would love watching Ben fight GSP!

Strive for Perfection
Ghetto
Comfortably Numb

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:05:13 AM »

IMO Dana White is afraid that Ben is gonna ground and pound fools like he has in Bellator. I love watching him, but the UFC needs knockouts. They need entertainment wow and I think White is not cool with what Ben brings to the table.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove
Big House
Brain Damage

Big House School of Wrestling

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »

If they're not cool with someone winning a fight, maybe they shouldn't call it UFC. 

Maybe they should call it WWE if they want to pick and choose who fights and who wins.  Yea, I know they're really hitting each other, but if it's just going to be for entertainment value ... I think the name should reflect that.

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson
golden97
Speak to Me

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

Dana white will not let Ben askren into the ufc anytime soon because he is not entertaining. People dont realize that the ufc is a business and dana white is greedy when it comes to money. First of Ben askrens game is to just take down people and try to get ground and pounds or boring submissions. Yeah he may seem entertaining to people who know him but hes no where near the entertainment of connor mgregor. Ben askren wouldnt get a title shot in the welterweight division because of his style. Tyron woodley would beat him, stephen thompson would, and other ufc fighters.
Wisconsin Wrestling Online
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: